Can you help me with my camcorder?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
I have a Sony Hi8 Handycam camcorder. It takes the Hi8 tapes. I want to find out if there is a way to transfer from the Hi8 to VHS tapes. I have tried to do this with the instruction book that came with the camera and just can't figure it out (Sony's instructions are terrible, I think). I think my problem is that we have Direct TV satellite a VHS player and the TV all hooked together in all rooms. I don't know what to plug where to make this work. I've had the camera for a couple of years and everything is still on the Hi8 tapes. I am a total idiot when it comes to electronics and hooking everything up, so if you can give instructions, it would have to be at a kindergarten level.
wacko.gif
I have the red and yellow hook up thingys. I have managed to plug the camcorder into one of the TV's that has the front plug ins and watched the video on the TV, but that's all I've been able to do other then watch the video on the camera's display thing. Hubby is no better then me at electronics, so no help there!! I think if I knew how to do this, I might just use the camcorder more often then I have.

Or.....if this won't work, are there companies who would do this for me??

Thanks for your help!!

Listen, I managed to do this so you certainly can!!! You need to sit down with the instruction book for the camcorder and the video, and a tape that is NOT important , in case you wipe it, and just turn the video round so you can see the back- or even better go and buy one for ten dollars at a yard sale, and follow the instructions as they are wrote- do not take short cuts, do not decide you now know what to do and wander off, follow all the instructions. Then put a tape (The one that does not matter- remember???) int he camcorder and try transferring it to VHS. As I said, I did it so anyone with half a brain can do it.

Oh and Yes there are plenty of people who will do it for you- try the three year old down the road or the local school- these places are jammed pack full of kids that know far too much for their own good, anyway
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back