Can I see......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frekles93

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I know this topic has been done over and over again.... and I DID search the old topics with "trailer" in them (?? number of pages) and just didnt find much (JILL Your trailer from WRANGLER is WONDERFUL) I am ordering me a new stock trailer and want it made with mini sized dividers in it. Jills is like what I want so I am hoping that is can be done with a 16 footer. Can I see others so I can get more of an idea??[/SIZE]

Thanks

April

Here is the inside of my trailer. The trailer is a 17' gooseneck 3 horse slant load. I had the big dividers taken out and the factory built the miniature ones for me. They can be removed and the big ones can go back in if need be. I can haul 8 horses in the stalls plus one or two more behind if necessary.

CMtrailerstalls-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are pictures of mine for those who haven't seen it [SIZE=8pt](I know I've posted it a lot -- my first fancy trailer ever!)[/SIZE]. If you think mine is nice, you'd flip for Erica's which is like mine but bigger and for NMMack's (Nancy & Mike's) because theirs is also a lot like mine. There are quite a few people on LB who have similar trailers from Wrangler and I haven't ever heard anyone have anything but praise for the product AND the service!

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20012.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20019.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20021.jpg

One unique thing I really like about mine is that I had it made so that the wall between the main part of the trailer and the dressing room will swing. The dressing room is fully matted as is the rest of the trailer and there are tie rings in the dressing room. If I ever had to, I could haul two additional minis in the dressing area, and the "normal" five in the main area.

PS My trailer is 14' long, 6'wide, and 6' tall (not counting the gooseneck portion). The stalls then are approximately 2' wide and 6' long.

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks Becky and Jill! I want to get the most out of a 16 foot gooseneck stock as I can. I want the dividers removeable where I am not limited to the use of the trailer being only minis. i printed off your pics so I can take them to the trailer place and see what they can come up with.[/SIZE]

What is the largest mini you guys haul in yours?? I have two max sizes at 38 inches. BECKY are your stalls long enough for a horse that size??

April

Well, I have not actually hauled ANY minis in mine yet!!!

However, I have a 8' long, 5' wide, 5' tall bumper pull stock mini trailer as well. It has a tack compartment up front and the wall swings like in my gooseneck. I'd say that area is probably 3' wide but it is rounded at the front so not a full 3' if that makes sense? I have easily put a 38" mini in that compartment. The previous owner put a 42" + pony in it as well, though I probably would not have done that to the horse... I feel I could put a shetland in one of the stalls of my gooseneck trailer without issues.

[SIZE=14pt]My plans are to make 2 foot wide stalls the whole way down the trailer. Hauling 8 horses. The gates would swing out and telescope. But that creates problems with the gates if you only haul 2 or 3 horses. You have to shut all the gates cause the last one wont scope in enough (2 feet max) to keep it open and hooked back... like slant trailers do.[/SIZE]

April

When your planning your stalls rember that bigger isnt always better. especialy in slant and sideways stalls the horses need the stall walls to brace against during acceleration and braking. the old standard for big horses was only 28" wide. it doesnt seem like alot but it keeps them from banging into the walls while driving. also having a little slant helps them ballence in there better. just my 2 cents worth DR.

[SIZE=14pt]JILL and BECKY.....[/SIZE]

Got a few measurement questions to ask you two...

1 How far from the floor of the trailer do the gates set?

2 How tall are the gates?

BECKY

How is the padding attached to the gates?

THANKS

April

April,

I'll have to get some measurements for you. The stalls are a little small for B size horses. I have had more than one 36" horse in mine, but they were a little squeezed. My trailer is 7' tall and 7' wide. The dividers could certainly be taller and longer for larger horses. The padding is riveted on (it is on a plywood backing) , but personally, had I known they were going to put it on, I would have had the factory leave it off. It actually takes up space between the dividers that I had rather use for a horse. They also ran it all the way to the front and miniatures being what they are, they are eating it! :no:

Here is mine...it is a Wrangler as well. It is 24' long and has 11 dividers and can haul any size mini in my spots easily, they have plenty of room, yet they fit in them well enough not be be thrown around in the trailer either and I also have a tack room in the gooseneck compartment. I also on both the goosenecks I have had made for me by Wrangler, I have had them drop their height to 6ft; as I will not be hauling any full sized horses and in my case that extra room is wasted space and catches a lot of extra head wind driving.

With Buddy (at Wrangler) I have always just designed my trailer out on paper and he made it to my specs- my first gooseneck that they made me is now up in Minnesota with Nancy (NMmack), this is my second in which I just purchased last year.

So here it is just when I got it home, straight from Wrangler without any graphics on it yet

edb2a968.jpg

edb2a95e.jpg

edb2a957.jpg

We just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our Wrangler trailer that we got from Erica!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

It is absolutely PERFECT, and SO well made! It is almost identical to Erica's new trailer, but a 7 horse, so it is 14' long. It travels like a dream, and you can remove all the stalls to have one big open trailer (for free-hauling), or use any combination that you need for more than one horse! We feel it was one of our best investments! And of course, Erica is just a Dream to work with too!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy & Mike

Here is mine...it is a Wrangler as well. It is 24' long and has 11 dividers and can haul any size mini in my spots easily, they have plenty of room, yet they fit in them well enough not be be thrown around in the trailer either and I also have a tack room in the gooseneck compartment. I also on both the goosenecks I have had made for me by Wrangler, I have had them drop their height to 6ft; as I will not be hauling any full sized horses and in my case that extra room is wasted space and catches a lot of extra head wind driving.

With Buddy (at Wrangler) I have always just designed my trailer out on paper and he made it to my specs- my first gooseneck that they made me is now up in Minnesota with Nancy (NMmack), this is my second in which I just purchased last year.

[SIZE=14pt]ERICA[/SIZE]

Are your straight like Jills or do they slant a tad? And I see the very first 2 stalls, that there is something different about them.... Shorter gates? If it wasnt for the fact that I never know WHAT I will haul in mine I will keep it the normal height. I have friends with biggies that need horses hauled at times...... Thats why I want everything removable/ adjustable.

April

April,

Yes actually my top two/three gates are shorter, as I have a side ramp on my trailer as well (you can see it on the right hand side, it would be the area that has the silver going vertical) That is the reason I made those dividers shorter, for me to get in and out, load horses, use as an exit ext...

Mine are straight across dividers as well, in one picture they were latched as I was getting ready to put shaving down for hauling to a show...

Looking at the pictures, I think my stall dividers / panels are the same height as Erica's, but hers are set higher off the floor than are mine. Mine probably are off the trailer floor only 2-3 inches.

Yeah Jill, I did raise my dividers up some....One of the joys that goes from only living 30 mins away from Buddy-Wrangler :bgrin is I go over with my drawings and show him and then he calls me several times and makes sure he understands, and we sugest things to each other. This past summer he had a customer way out west that wanted to be sure and be able to fit their Jerald in the first stall of their mini bumper pull....I told him to give me and hour and I would show him what a Jerald is and he could measure it for his records.....but yes I had him raise my dividers 6" on my plans, due to some "boys" of mine you like to flirt with their neighbors - bet you couldn't guess who that would be?

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks for the pics Jill and Becky. How far off of the floor are the gates? About a foot or so? I think I have an idea for what I want now. The slats that this place has have those telescoping gates.... I dont think I want those. To me the soild ones look more strong. I also want to keep the middle gate that stocks have. In case I want to sleep in the front of the trailer. I can still haul 4 horses that way. Yup I see it all now... im getting SO excited. I really had to keep myself away from the trailer place yesterday. Dont want to go back till I got eveything lined up and I can OFFICALLY say BUILD IT.[/SIZE]

April

Latest posts

Back