Can i get an Un Reg. mini Reg?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
is there a way i can get a grade mini regeistered? i remember something about hardship into the AMHA how dose that work?

Yes you can till 2012 l think BUT the cost is 1200 for stallion 600 for mare and 500 for a gelding plus the DNA and registration fees and also he/she needs to be inspected and measured by a director..in my area l wouldn't pay those fees as minis are pretty low right now with some already double registered... BUT if it's an outstanding example l would go for it no problem as a lot l noticed are now not putting papers on them and a few l looked at have been tempting...

Thanks...my motha is being unresonable and won't let me get a mini mare i wanted, even tho i could pay for it all myself!...she acutally said that i was being unreasonable, she wants to keep the "space" open for a riding horse.
default_wacko.png
...idk...i want a mini really bad, not that i would go and show at nationals or anything, just the few local opens hows for fun. but she want's me to get a riding horse...mothers...

The mini mare i wanted (that i can't get) is at this place and it's living in this little shed that has two sides open, the water is frozen and there is no clean bedding in her shed, nails sticking out of the walls (bent over...but still...) But she dose have plenty of hay and grain. But it was sad, and she is pregnant (i didn't tell my mom that, i was gunna wait) it was sad, and i wish i could have helped this poor mini out, i felt bad enough taking it's only freind away (a mini donkey that my freind bought) and now it has to live in these conditions.

You have a heart of gold. It is so nice that you want to help this mini to a better life. But you have to respect your mother's wishes. Once you go out on your own you will, most likely, leave your pets with your mom. So it is most important that she approve of them. We all think we won't leave our pets but most of us cannot find a place to keep pets, especially a horse.

Since you can't find a home for this one with you. Email horse people in your area and let them know that this mini needs a new home and companionship. Post messages on boards, don't leave info about price or who owns the horse but a brief description about the horse and situation...and to contact you for more info. Call the local vets and see if anyone in your area does rescue and speak with them for ideas of how you can help this little one or to see if they know of anyone looking for a mini.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have knowledge of the AMHA or AMHR registered sire and dam, to hardship an unregistered horse into the AMHR is unlikely.

My experience has been that AMHR also wont accept anything unregistered to be hardshipped that has not been first registered with AMHA first. ( I wish they would though)

I think you may be able to get her into AMHA, with DNA samples and a fee, but a stewart might have to come out to get an official height of the mini first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back