Can I apologize?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelspeeper

Reaction score
Many of you have read and/or posted comments on my thread "feeling a little unwelcome" First off I would like to thank all that made me eat those words. Many, many people DID indeed make me feel welcome.

Next I would like to personally apologize to Tremor. I was WRONG, and I'm sincerely sorry. I hope you forgive me.

(just for background info)....The last couple months have been extremely stressful. I am not using this as an excuse, just letting ya'll know what I've been through...so that maybe you can understand some.

So here goes what I've been through just since the World show in September. I had a head injury just three days after getting home from Worlds, then my kids (17 & 20) had a car accident while I was 150 miles away. If your a parent, you understand the stress of getting THAT call! (I should never have gone that far so soon after the head injury!...boy did I pay for that!) The next week my Mother, who lives out of state, was put in the hospital. The Drs. didn't know what in the world was wrong with her, but she just kept getting worse. (fortunately she's better now) Then another car accident (this one very serious) involving my oldest. (not even a month after the first one) He was injured and had to have surgery. Just dealing with the hassles of BOTH wrecks was enough to send anyone over the edge. Having a spouse who travels for their job, meant I had to handle all of this on my own. You can imagine all the stress. I was on edge and quite...um..."horrid". (a nicer word than what is actually on my mind.)

I saw this colt at the World show but sadly he was out of my price range. I couldn't get him off my mind. Then they reduced him, but I wasn't sure we could spend so much with everything that was going on. I decided I had better NOT. But then they tempted me by REALLY reducing him...so that they could make room for the new show string. I just could NOT pass him up at that price. I saw being able to get this horse as a "turning of the tides" if you will. I was so excited to share him, but my computer skills are awful. I didn't know how to post a picture so I used a link to the breeders website. But unknown to me, not long after I posted him they re-did their website...in effect changing the pictures. (at least that is the way I understood what was explained to me by a member here...I hope I got that right, don't want to stomp any more toes.) But because the pictures didn't match up with the name I gave...there were some not-so-nice comments made that FELT like...well...like I was being attacked and accused. It made me feel like I needed to defend myself.

That did NOT give me the right to be such a jerk with anyone. It was an honest mistake. Bad computer skills instead of "trolling" or some ugly "scam". Stars miniatures breeds some beautiful horses. I've drooled at them for years, and now FINALLY made one mine. I'm thrilled to get him and hope he proves to be all that I think he is.

And so I would like to apologize to ALL that I have hurt or offended! I need to go de-stress. So out to the horses I go.

Goodness, you have had one heck of a last few months!
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm so sorry for all of it. One of those things would be enough to make me a nutcase, but add them all up and you've had a real challenge.
default_no.gif

I hope you really enjoy your new boy and have a very successful show season with him next year. I also hope that the personal things in your life start to turn around - I'm sure they will. And as for as I'm concerned, no need for an appology but I'm sure Tremor may appreciate it. She's a nice young woman who seems to try hard to do the right things.
default_smile.png

All the best to you and welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

Very nice of you to say you are sorry, seems I have to say it alot too, so we all understand! Sorry you have had so many troubles and hope that things turn around soon. Yes, Stars breeds beautiful horses, and congrats again on your new boy.
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I appreciate the explanation and it makes sense to me. I wasn't sure what was going on with the picture situation and now I understand. I hope you will enjoy LB and looking forward to reading your show news next season -- you've got a very nice looking horse
default_yes.gif

we all make fools of ourselves from time to time but you were big enough to say sorry for your mistakes ..that says a lot about you
smile.gif

you have had an awful time of it , hope your colt is the turning point for you
yes.gif

You have had a terrible year. I hope that your beautiful new boy can give you lots of "therapy" and love and can help lower your stress.

I hope that your experiences in this forum will be informative and friendly in the future. You can learn a lot here and there are many kind and friendly people.

You poor thing, you really have been through it haven't you?

Well, you have done the right thing with that colt, he is going to grow up into a really nice stallion for you, sometimes you just have to close your eyes and jump, and just hope for the best!

I hope you stick around, I am looking forward to seeing your foal grow up.

Hope you do stay around as this forum is great and the members are what makes it that way. It takes a lot of (for lack of a better word) guts to admit to being wro...wron....wrong. See I have a problem even saying the word!
default_yes.gif
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new guy.

Hugs to you! You have had a rough time. I hope things start to get better for you, and I do mean it when I say I hope to see you posting often
default_smile.png
That new boy of yours is stunning so I need updates next year when he shows!

Take care, Amanda

I followed the posts and even as slow as I am knew it was just one big misunderstanding. Moreover, I really struggle posting pictures. I also understand the doubt ensued. That being said, you are wise to apologize and hopefully all will be forgiven. Had you had a listenig audience rather than a reading audience no doubt there would have been no doubt in the first place. Sometimes what we type and how we would speak it given the opportunity are totally two different interpretations. Once I replied to something a guy had emailed me in a work situation. I did not realize my caps lock was on. He jokingly replied back to me "that I did not have to yell at him."
default_new_rofl.gif
Your new horse is striking and it is understandable that you would be excited about the purchase and want to share. Welcome to a group of folks that will always be here to help you in thick and thin both. Also I do not fault those that spoke up. Just human nature. I really do not know anybody that likes the taste of crow but and if there is anyone that has never eaten it I am not aquainted with them.
default_wink.png

Hey things happen, and not everyone can be a computer pro, it shouldn't be a requirement to be on here, discussing the little horses should be the motto. LOL Anyhow, just let it blow off you, some can get accusing and mean sometimes, and don't stop to think about whether someoen genuinely made a mistake or not. Just part of being on the net and a big group. People from all over get on it, with all sorts of personalities. Mistakes happen, no one is perfect all the time. LOL I hadn't kept up on the post, but reading it now, I also knew it was a big misunderstanding and some little link had gotten switched. LOL Hoping everyone can just start over with a clean slate now.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time in your family stuff, I do hope it gets better, and your new guy is stunning!! Congrads on getting him!

Thanks to all. As far as I'm concerned...clean slate started...no hard feelings. I'm not a big poster as you can tell, but am a HUGE "lurker". Life is starting to show signs of improvement. The past couple of months have been rough to say the least, but its gonna get better!!! I have faith.

Can't wait till this coming week...I get to go pick up my new boy...sooo excited! I don't care if I don't get anything else for Christmas....I got him.
default_wub.png
The question is gonna be which day to try to make the trip, so that the weather isn't nasty.

Good luck with your colt, and I hope you and your kids are recuperating. I do know what "that call" is like when something happens with your kiddos..
default_smile.png

Jan

Angelspeeper is kind of long, can we know your name?

How exciting, do let us know what day you decide and don't forget your camera cos we are dieing for some more pics! What is his stable name, with all the trouble I missed reading his name.

Thanks Renee

Back