Can anyone recognize my pintaloosa stallion?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spottedminis45107

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a stallion that i am trying to find his orginal breeders so i can possibly get his papers. I was told he was sold/bought at a sale Barn in Degraff ohio,and that is where the people who had him before us had bought him from. they said they had his papers and that he was double registered. they had him for 2yrs and had lost the bill of sale and all the sales papers along with his papers.
no.gif
The lady isnt sure of his name as they never really looked at the papers(they bought his to use as a pet and whoever sold him to them told them that they would perfer him to never be cut as he had great bloodlines and the conformation and looks to produce foals)...So i have been trying to track down his breeders,or at least anyone who may have owned him and knew his name...im working on getting him DNA'd but im trying to figure out how to do it...as i am not sure.. He is suposidly 7yrs old this year. and he is around 34-35in tall maybe a little tiny bit taller...we havent measured him yet.... but please any help or ideas will be GREATLY appreciated...please go to our website and look under the stallions page. he is the blk/wht pintaloosa....

THANKS!

http://miniaturepainthorses.yolasite.com/

R & D's Miniatures

ace.JPG

They cannot (or will not) use DNA to identify your horse. DNA is only for determining that a foal that you are trying to register is truly by the stallion and out of the mare that you claim that it is, that is all. If you could find his sire and his dam and he had not been registered yet, you could use their DNA to prove that he was their foal or if you find his registration certificate and you decide to breed him in the future you will need to DNA him so that his foals can be registered, but you cannot match him to a horse in the registry database by his DNA. They just aren't that sophisticated yet.

Good luck finding his papers, he's pretty. I like to see an animal still matched or reunited with its registration certificate.

I wish you the best of lock...all I had on one of my mares was her call name on the coggins...took me 3 years and help from this forum and she rightfully has her registration papers now...so it can be done you just have to roll up your sleaves and become a detective...

Beautiful horse BTW!

Ugh! Don't you hate when that happens?
default_wacko.png

I've done a bit of detective work for CMHR for the same reasons. Prepare to get a sore ear from being on the phone so much.

Degraff Ohio would be your starting place. Let's assume he is a local horse from that immediate area or surrounding towns. There has to be a paper trail of coggins. Start back at that sales barn in Degraff and pick their brain. They probably know everyone around there and what kind of horses there are. They still might have a list or records of horses that went through their sale for tax purposes. If that is a dead end, start calling around all the vets in Degraff. Surely one of them would know who breeds minis or just has them. They would also have copies of coggins test which he would have had to have to be in the sale. There can't be that many mini apps of that color/description around the same age. It can be narrowed down but in order to do that, you are going to have to really get a sympathetic secretary to help you out. But keep in mind, his coloration could have been different as a baby too. If that fails, try calling the feed stores in Degraff also.

Good luck with your quest!
default_saludando.gif

At the sales I've been to in Iowa a coggins is sometimes only pulled if the buyer is out of state.

You could try contacting Lane Kobeck. He's in TN now, but he used to be in OH and was very heavily into breeding appys.

He's pretty -hope you can hook him up with his parentage.

You could try contacting Lane Kobeck. He's in TN now, but he used to be in OH and was very heavily into breeding appys.
He's pretty -hope you can hook him up with his parentage.

Hi,

thanks,and how can i go about contacting Lane Kobeck??

Thanks

Ugh! Don't you hate when that happens?
default_wacko.png
I've done a bit of detective work for CMHR for the same reasons. Prepare to get a sore ear from being on the phone so much.

Degraff Ohio would be your starting place. Let's assume he is a local horse from that immediate area or surrounding towns. There has to be a paper trail of coggins. Start back at that sales barn in Degraff and pick their brain. They probably know everyone around there and what kind of horses there are. They still might have a list or records of horses that went through their sale for tax purposes. If that is a dead end, start calling around all the vets in Degraff. Surely one of them would know who breeds minis or just has them. They would also have copies of coggins test which he would have had to have to be in the sale. There can't be that many mini apps of that color/description around the same age. It can be narrowed down but in order to do that, you are going to have to really get a sympathetic secretary to help you out. But keep in mind, his coloration could have been different as a baby too. If that fails, try calling the feed stores in Degraff also.

Good luck with your quest!
default_saludando.gif

THANKS!! i will probably try that!!i cant believe i didnt think of that!

I wish you the best of lock...all I had on one of my mares was her call name on the coggins...took me 3 years and help from this forum and she rightfully has her registration papers now...so it can be done you just have to roll up your sleaves and become a detective...Beautiful horse BTW!

Thanks!i am going to try and find the vet that did his coggins....

You can also try posting on Craigslist for that area, see if anyone might recognize him. Good luck!

I believe you're the one that called me a while ago regarding him, I'm from the area (DeGraff is about 20-25 minutes away if that).. We're the only mini breeder that I know of in the area, he's not from us, don't know of anyone else who breeds/shows local, though there are several that have a mini or two.. If you pm me I can give you the number to Jackson Livestock which is who runs the auctions in DeGraff..

LuckyC, I live not far from you! Urbana area. She also contacted me about this boy, but I have never seen him before.

Hey,

I MAY have found where my stallion came from!!! im going to try and send the DNA within the week to see.but theres this lady who might have his dam! and she knew who she knows the sire....SOO im hoping that its gonna come back a match!
default_biggrin.png

Back