Camping with Minis??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini~Lover

Reaction score
I was just wondering who has gone camping with your minis?!?!! But how does that work...do you keep then in the trailer at night or bring pannels to set up? This sounds like so much fun! I bet mine would love the beach!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Shayna

I have taken Magic to the beach. We went to a camp site that has stalls and allowed horses. I learn that beach sand is VERY hard to walk through. We went with big horses who were ridden. We did have a lot of fun...it was just a lot more walking than I expected (we were supposed to be 3/4 of a mile from the beach...we were really 3 1/2 miles). I think the horses did enjoy the beach. They did seem to be afarid of the foam on the water but I think they liked that they could "kill" the water. When it came in Magic would paw at it attackingly and then it would go back out... he liked that. I think you will have fun camping with your mini. I did. L

I too would love to go camping with my mini, I've read about places where you can camp using a tent...or you can have a camper and they have a barn you can keep your horse in or a corral you can keep them in, I just ordered some "trailer panels" so my guy could stay in them with the option of going in the trailer if he wanted. :bgrin

Champ

I would love to go campling with my guy! If I did it would be a trail drive/camping outing. We would haul in what we needed and haul out everything we brought in. I wouldn't use a trailer, except maybe to get to a better location to drive in from. I'd bring a tent for me and probably stake the horse(s) out at the campsite with trees for shelter and shade. This has always been a dream of mine! A nice wooded area with a lake would be my ideal spot.

I am taking one of mine in August. I plan to tie out. We will have a cabin and tents and be able to hear her. She probably will crawl right in the tent ;)

It's been several years, but we a group of us went camping on the Central Oregon Coast. Larry and I took our driving minis with carts. The rest had their full-sized horses. It was at a camping ground for horses, so it had small corrals for each campsite. Had a blast........

If you can find a campsite designed for horses, I recommend also taking your own panels, just incase the railings are set too far apart for minis.

MA

Back