Calling all and ONLY (strickly) Women!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
Okay, Im need to tell some this, I got my 'womenly thing' finally. Came as abit of a suprise but it was all ok -not quite as bad as Id amagined lol.

Im 13 so thats still pretty young I guess but yahoo, Im finally a women -CONGARULATIONS TO ME!!

Sorry guys, just had to express my happiness about that!! :bgrin :bgrin

Happy "coming of age"- and I am so glad you see it so positively!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Do you have all the info you need??

Are you happy with what you know??

Now is the time to ask questions if you have any- you can PM me if you are not happy to do so openly, I would understand that.

I am sure there are others too, who would be happy to talk privately- remember LynJ is a nurse, as well.
default_smile.png

Well. that's kinda cute that you want to share that with us. Congrats! And like rabbit said, if you have questions that you'd prefer to keep private....feel free to pm!

Congratulations!!!

You've got it all over me from when I was your age! I was such a tom boy and I didn't want to be turning into a young lady back then. I was very resistant to my first bra and things like shaving.

default_wink.png
:

I have to smile! Congratulations and welcome to wonderful heartfull ridiculous superb world of being a woman. As Rabbit said, do you have all you need and if you have questions feel free to ask here or in a PM. Do you have a woman there for help and support? Mom, gramma, aunt, sister? :aktion033:

PS Long as we're being very personal, remember at your age tampons are a no no. Change frequently and drink lots of water or juice. Not soda!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you see this as such a wonderful thing to be happening in your life...and I guess it is...becoming a "woman" IS a wonderful thing!!
default_yes.gif
: ...

But, I have to laugh, too, because I am 44 and have just had a surgery done to STOP my periods and I am soooo thankful for that!!! :aktion033: Trust me, 30+ years of monthly bleeding is more than enough...
default_wacko.png
:

Congrats to you (and thanks for sharing and I mean that in a nice way)...and like the others, if you ever need to talk or ask questions that you dont feel you can ask publicly, you can PM me.
default_smile.png

Linda I am afraid my experiences were not the best either- back in my day there were not all the modern things with "wings"etc!!!

I stopped at 39 when I came down with M.E- it was the one good thing that came out of it!!

But then I had started at just short of 11, so I was glad to be out of it.

Debs- why no Tampons- I was told that by our sadistic bl**dy Gym Mistress, but I found otherwise by experimentation and determinant ion!!

Mind I was a bit older than Charley- not much though.

Aren't there "beginner " sizes these days- sort of like training bras????
default_smile.png

Jane: Mostly because young ladies tend to forget to change often and run the risk of infection. Tampons in young girls should never be used over nite. Glacia began using them at 15 but I made darn sure it was changed every few hours like it or not. Pelvic infection is what scarred my tubes and I was told for years I would never have kids. Lucky for me God saw fit to grant me my miracles.

Hey - congratulations to you!!!

I was 13 my first time as well -- am 51 now and stopped last year.

Here's hoping you are "regular" and have no discomfort with yours.

I was a lucky one -- but had several friends who were not as fortunate.

Judith Jay

I had heard about the infection/shock thing- I had not realised it was so easy to come by- times were I actually wished my tubes had been blocked- never works that way, does it??
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I can see how someone, anyone, would forget, too, it is quite easy to do if you get caught up, especially if you are into horses.

Charley, read up on this so you take it seriously, as it is an insidious thing- at worst it can kill at best it can ruin your life!!

Me- I could not have survived without Tampons, and my Mother did not even know I was using them Only marries women were supposed to able to use them- can you believe that???) I was just lucky, I guess, although there was NO chance of my EVER forgetting I had a period- Let's just say it was not an easy ride for me.

There is NO need for anyone to suffer nowadays- if you run into trouble, GET HELP!!!!

Congrats (I guess :bgrin ). In a few years you'll be wishing you didn't have one. Maybe not, as long as they are regular and you don't get cramps bad.

I never heard the thing about not using tampons young....I always did, it was really uncomfortable horseback riding with a diaper on...which is what they were then. No glue strip to hold them in place, you had to wear a belt thingy...shortly after I got mine though the glue strips became popular.

Happy "growing up"!

:aktion033: yaahooo you are now in for the long haul l'm on the other end done 18 years ago and not missing it at all not for one day would l go back and trade places. :bgrin :bgrin

Oh NOOOOO! This means that my almost 10 year old is that much closer to starting her period :new_shocked:
default_sad.png
NO WAY am I old enough for that! She's already getting emotional on me!

But, if you're happy that it's here, I'm happy for you so congratulations! I never had cramps until after my second child. Now I get them, but they're nothing like I expected them to be.

Definately, if you have questions, pm someone. Or better yet, talk to your mom
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: Congrats.. I;m glad you are handling it well. Mine was my 12th B-day present. And lets just say, I wasn't warned. I thought I was dying and my mom and dad laughed about it all day.. One birthday I'll never forget... Welcome to woman- hood.. MIne ended at age 28 after an emergency hysterectomy..Short lived, but at least I got 2 wonderful children..

CONGRATULATIONS LOL!!!!!!! I TOOK MY FIRST ON ON A WHITE PONY :eek:
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats! What a big step for you. Here I am wishing each one was my last, and getting those unpleasant 'suprises' with months between! I have 'supplies' stuffed everywhere I can think of.

I got my first when I was 11 or 12 and on vacation with my parents. Totally uprepared with stuff, had no idea what was happening even though I had seen that stupid film we all had to see in sixth grade. I was so bummed, and so adamant that mom not tell my dad! Of course I am sure she did, but I never knew!

Way to go girl! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh how cool: the Great Forum Tampon Debate. Love it! :lol:

Ok now that we've established how happy you are, whatchagonna name it????????

Oh, you are so cute!

I was certainly not as excited about it as you are (and good for you!!
default_yes.gif
: )

I believe I was 13, too. I discovered it at cheering practice. (why I was a cheerleader, I'll never know! It is so not me! lol) My mom picked me up and I told her...she was SO excited...I mean rediculously excited and I was practically strangled when she hugged me. :new_shocked:

Even now, and three kids later, I could ask her about it and she STILL remembers the DATE that I started. LOL

What is up with that???
default_shutup.gif
:

Boy, times have changed!

I am glad you are happy about it. I was not so thrilled. I think I was 13 as well and much later than all my friends but that was OK with me. It really cramped my style, pardon the pun! LOL

Just take care of yourself and like was said, drink lots of water, it will help your complexion and your period.

As far as the tampons go, be wise. My daughter had a friend get Toxic Shock Syndrome. We were all shocked as it seemed like something they put warnings on the label for but it really never happended to anyone. She was one sick young lady and still has troubles from it 6 years later. It is a very serious illness and needs to be taken seriously.

What happens is each time you remove one it takes a few skin cells with it and opens up the wall to bacteria. The trick is to not use too absorbant of a tampon, Use the lightest one you can get away with as when you remove them and they are dry they remove more skin cells. For example do not use the super absorbant if you dont need them. If you want to use them start with the lightest absorbancy and see how it goes and move up till you find the one that will last you a few hours. This girls doctor also suggested never wearing one at night and wearing pads then, a practice my daughter started and still does.

This gal was very very sick and in ICU for 3 weeks, and in the hospital for 6 weeks total. She missed the last 3 months of her senior year from it, it was very touch and go and some of her organs are permanently damaged, cant remember which ones they were now.

Sorry, dont want to scare you but I think we all are a little lazy about such things until tragedy reminds us.

Latest posts

Back