Buying small dog clothes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kim,

Bella has the same exact problem with her clothes. I've had luck ordering clothes for wide chested dogs. some places make them special, and fido fleece has the BC sizes (broad chested) Looking at her I never considered her broad chested, but sure enough those clothes fit and stay in place.

Oh come on guys!!! I just think I have it figured out that he is a deer headed chihuahua, and then someone else says that he is a min pin.
default_frusty.gif
default_laugh.png

All I know is that he isn't up to the Chihuahua's breed standard. He is about 10 inches tall (ground to the point right behind his neck) and weighed in at about 8 pounds this morning (and I can still feel his backbone some). He's a big boy! He is stag in color, but has a patch of white under his mouth.
default_wacko.png
He also seems to hunch his back, would that be a characteristic of either breed, or just bad posture?

DSCN1997.jpg

I did go and buy him a sock last night, which he wore to bed. Yes, you read that right, lol. He doesn't seem fond of having his legs in clothing, so I bought a big pair of socks and cut one to size where he could just wear it in his mid section to keep his body warm. I probably should have followed my hunch and went with a leg warmer, I think that would have been more what I was looking for. Right now he's wearing his red/white house jacket, which I love because it is easy to put on him and it's so soft and feels warm without being bulky.

Teddy looking thrilled in his sock. Lol

DSCN2115.jpg

He likes how this fits because he has plenty of leg room...but do you think it's too open?

DSCN2121.jpg

Thank you soooo much for all the sites, I've been looking through all of them. And a fido fleece jacket with velcro down the spine sounds wonderful! I definately need to look into those!

Last edited by a moderator:
The poor guy! I've been buying his clothes too small! I was buying him an extra small because I figured he obviously isn't a tea cup, so he must be the next size up. Nope, just measured from the base of his neck to the base of this tail, and he's 12 inches long. He should be wearing a size small. No wonder why the other clothes looked short and were a bit tight.
default_rolleyes.gif

I love his little house coat, so I think I officially need a sweater, a sweatshirt for those cold days, a fleece jacket for outside, and a rain coat. It's just like having an oversized barbie doll that I can dress up at 29 years old.
default_blush.png

How do you know when they get hot in clothing?

Last edited by a moderator:
lilmiraclesfarm...that is one beautiful little lady you have there! My Baillie is a darker rust, and it isn't nearly as high on her face as what your Dionne's is.
Yours is also the only one I ever saw with cropped ears that looked "natural". Whoever did them, did an excellent job; but I still don't think I would ever have them done...then again, I don't show, so don't need to worry about it.

9331_131050062451_610632451_2935159.jpg

PrincessBaillie-Copy.jpg
Thank you! She is one of the best purchases I've ever made. She's actually an ex show dog. She was shown until she was a year, and didn't meet the height requirements. She a peanut. lol The breeder I purchased her from actually has the number 1 min pin in the US right now and is out of Arizona. Aztex Miniature Pinschers. Her dogs are stunning. I couldn't of been happier with this little girl.

KanoasDestiny, if you believe he's a chi then thats what he is! lol
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back