Bunny fueding with Fawn?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
As you all know Fawn is expecting soon.

Lately Fawn has been off standish...not braying...not playing with Abbie (just nudging her away)

BUT...eating and drinking normal...I think the time is near
default_yes.gif
:

Three days ago I decided to get the birthing stall ready and am putting Fawn in there at night.

I have noticed some "pinned back eared looks" they have been giving each other.

But this morning when I let fawn out of the stall for breakfast...she would NOT go anywhere near the pile of hay that Bunny & Abbie were feeding on (Im thinking OMG...she's sick)

then all of a sudden Bunny comes running with ears back...nostrils flared and charges Fawn ????

Fawn runs into a stall with Bunny behind....and then all of a sudden Bunny starts doing her "round house kicks" :eek:

Fawn was up in a corner...I came running...yelling and punching at Bunnie to get her out of the kicking frenzy...thank God I wasn't kicked...Fawn didn't take direct kicks and seems OK this afternoon.

What is going on with them?

Is Bunny jealous that she is in the BIG nicely padded stall?

Does she know Fawn is going to foal soon?

I just don't get it??

Fawn has been locked up all day in the "Fluffy" big stall....I just can't take a chance on Bunny hurting her. Fawn is so BIG,,,she doesn't move around well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

I have no idea what's up, I'm still pretty new to the donkey world. However my heart went out to you reading your post. Positive thoughts your way.

Chico

Sounds like she is stand-offish because she is getting closer. I have certain mares/& jennys that I know they are for sure in foal, just by how they act at feeding time. If they stand back and wait till everyone has their spot before coming in, then they are bred. SOunds weird I know, but it is like they don't want to take the chance that they will get kicked. Also sounds as if your other jenny may be a bit jealous, or senses something different.

[SIZE=14pt]how are bunny and fawn doing? is the war still on? wish i knew what to tell you. those silly donks
default_wacko.png
: ,
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] look ma no caps!!!! :lol: Nikki[/SIZE]

She (Bunny) could be sensing some hormonal changes going on

in Fawn & reacting to them. I know it occurs with my dogs all the

time, whenever one is in heat especially.

So maybe something to note....in case she foals super soon.

Or she could just be taking advantage of Fawn's uneasiness

& awkwardness (is that a word?) deciding to bully her abit?

Has Bunny ever been around a jenny in foal before? She knows

something is different & that seems wrong to her perhaps....

Sandy

Latest posts

Back