Bun bag

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yvonne

Reaction score
Does anyone know a place to buy a new or used bun bag for miniature horses? tried to seach for it online but most of them where bags that needs to be used with a harness.

I need two and it must be a bag that much not be attached to a harness as my horses will use them while doing therapy (so I need to attache them to them some other way).

Yvonne

I believe many people with therapy horses do use a simple harness (not a driving harness) to keep it in place and comfortable for the horse since it gets a little heavy when manure is in it.

I agree w/ Disneyhorse; you will almost certainly need some sort of harness to support and stabilize a bun bag. I am thinking you might be able to

use a 'stripped down' version consisting of a harness saddle, a backstrap and perhaps a breeching, attached forward to the sides of the saddle's girth(or tug loops, if they are in place).This would give you someplace to attach and support/stabilize,a bun bag. You might search for an inexpensive used nylon or simple leather harness, that doesn't include things like the driving bridle, lines, breastcollar, and traces, since you wouldn't really need those…for a cost-effective solution.

Margo

Bun bags would bot be very practicle in that situation. Enlist the help of someone who can discretely carry a small bucket and they can catch and dispose of any accident be it solid or liquid. It would be a whole lot more hygenic.

JMTCW

Back