Buck Echo offsping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tini-z

Reaction score
What do you think about this stallion and his get? Refined type? I'm interested in a direct daughter, very expensive, perhaps I will take a granddaughter.

I do like the Buckeroo line, almost all of it BUT I would NEVER buy any horse on it's pedigree, only ever on it's merit. Irrespective of price. If I liked the horse, and it was what I wanted, and I had the money, then the price would not be a factor. If an animal merits a high price, I have no problem with it. I always go by whether I think it merits the price, though, NOT by the "hype".

Does any of this help you??

I have a grandson, so offcourse I like him. :D

But I have seen alot of Echo children and grand-children advertised, most I like very much.

Thougt what Rabbit said, is what you need to look at imo, do you like the horse, do you think it´s worth that price, aside from predigree!
wink.gif

I would like to tell you my very, very honest opinion and I hope I won't be flamed ... but you asked for it so here goes:

Of coures, not all offspring of one sire are the same. However, most of the Buck Echo offspring I've seen (talking of direct offspring) are tiny, but often very short legged and long in the back. This is just my honest opinion.

If you want refinement, my opinion is also that there are bloodlines that have a better reputation for refinement. If you want a show horse, then yes, go with the Buckeroo line, they have this awesome presence and everything, but if I was looking for utmost refinement, I wouldn't necessarily go with the Buckeroo line.

Anyways, as I said, this is just my personal opinion and I guess that whatever line or stallion you ask about, you will get very, very different opinions. Again, no flames please, I'm just trying to give my honest opinion.

saludando.gif
Carina

Edited to add: I agree with the other two who have posted here that the most important thing is that you like the horse. A great pedigree is always a plus, but it won't help you much if you don't like the horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Destiny (Erica's Echos of My Destiny) is a grandson of Buck Echo (and also of Alvadars Double Destiny). He has gotten grand champion halter titles left and right this past show season w/ AMHR and AMHA and of course, I think he's pretty nice
laugh.gif
Erica owns his beautiful dam, who is a daughter of Buck Echo. Maybe she will see this and chime in w/ her insight.

Also, I know this is a grandson and not a direct offspring but one of the great things I see in "my Destiny" is that he's got such long, straight legs and nice short back:

Destiny%20AR%20Show%20DSCN9215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill and Carina just illustrated my point for me beautifully- Jill has beautiful offspring of this line, then Carina points out that she has had poor results!! It depends on the horseitself. Nothing else matters.

*minis* said:
I would like to tell you my very, very honest opinion and I hope I won't be flamed ... but you asked for it so here goes:
Of coures, not all offspring of one sire are the same. However, most of the Buck Echo offspring I've seen (talking of direct offspring) are tiny, but often very short legged and long in the back. This is just my honest opinion.
Honestly, when I saw him on the heritage sale dvd I found his back long and neck quite short too.
rolleyes.gif

So no flames.
wink.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
Jill and Carina just illustrated my point for me beautifully- Jill has beautiful offspring of this line, then Carina points out that she has had poor results!! It depends on the horseitself.  Nothing else matters.
495544[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Yes... the mare is the other huge part of the equation, and how she crossed with Buck Echo.

I'm sure we all have seen foals where we know their parentage but to look at them, you'd never know. It's funny sometimes how you get a lot more or a lot less out of a cross than you would think possible (sometimes!).

Our palomino stallion (avatar) is a Buck Echo son. He is 31 1/4 inches & born in 95. He is not refined & now is a bit cresty. What we did was breed him to more refined mares, mostly our Komoko Little King Supreme grand daughters. The sire of these mares had a naturally nice thin neck which did not get cresty. The foals from this cross had nice necks also but since we have sold them all I do not know what they matured like...................... I would say if there are any foals on the ground from this mare that is what you need to look at. No one here can answer your question because a lot depends upon who the dam of this mare is & who you will be breeding her to.... As in all bloodlines I have seen some from big time stallions that I would not want............................................................... Remember that some horses can appear to be more refined through diet, exercise, neck sweating (& some illegal procedures such as neck surgery). Refinement has been discussed on here several times. Some of the horses pictures that were posted I would not call refined.

I saw Buck Echo in person this year at the Little King Sale. In my opinion he is possibly the nicest horse of his size that I have ever seen. The only Buckeroo bred horse I liked better is BTU and he is much bigger. Buck Echo has some offspring that I really like and some that I don't. Generally, I think he produces very nice fillies. My favorite horse in the sale was a Buck Echo daughter.

As you know, the mare produces half of the chromosomal DNA for any foal - so I think that it is extremely important to look closely at that too. If you like the filly and her dam and you can afford her I think you'll be glad you got her.

Go to Tennells website in KY. She has a son Captive Spirit that is beautiful. I got great foals from him. It alwaysdepends on the cross but Buck Echo has produced some very very nice offspring.

http://www.tenltraining.com/

I have some Buck Echo get and I love mine to pieces.............I don't buy just on bloodlines (though I do like the Buckeroo lines) it is always the horse I buy.

I find the "majority" of the Buck Echo horses have Goregous heads on them with BIG liquid eyes and even if they are small they are nicely built.

And I am not a fan of the "tiny" horses but to be 28" I think Buck Echo is just stunning - not many (if any) of the tiny horses catch my eye, but he sure does and is really put together well and proportioned, IMO, for his size, trim barrel, short dishy head, nice neck, flat topline, straight legs, and ATTITUDE.

Here are some of my Buck Echos -

AppleWood Farms Echos Adventuresss - 29.5" Buck Echo Daughter.....my smallest mare as I don't have another horse on the farm under 30" - really no others under 31". I have a son of hers listed below, her first foal - and she is bred to my BTU son for next year.....

f84c78b7.jpg

IN her winter furries - but I just love, love, love this mares head and expression - even in her fuzzies and baby belly

f1adb1a7.jpg

Erica's Echos of my Destiny - above mares son - (cross to a Double Destiny son)

Destiny-Pro-Nationals-scan0005.jpg

Erica's SRF Charisma - who's sire is a Buck Echo son and grandson, and her dam is a Rowdy daughter. Sorry she still has fuzzy ears here, this was just a quick clip this spring to get some yearling fuzzies off........

f50d319d.jpg

and I may actually have some others with Buck Echo in like greatgrandson/daughters...................have Buckeroo son, BTU son, Buckwheat daughters, Lots of BTU grandaughters, a few other Buckeroo grandaughter(with their dams being Buckeroo daugthers). I am REALLY fond of the Buckeroo/Rowdy so have lots of both of them.

I have a Buck Echo grandson. I love his "Look at Me" attitude, and his conformation. He is only 29 1/2" tall and has done very well in the show ring for the previous owner.

I thought I had the perfect stallion for my herd, as I was looking to downsize a few of my taller mare. However he did too good a job of downsizing. All of his foals except one were as small or smaller then he was!!! The foals had very nice conformation and beautiful heads and the perportions were good ....Just smaller then I wanted. Hubby says I need to use him of sell him...sigh. I guess I need to find him a different home.

Here is a picture of him in the field No conditioning or makeup.... Just clipped his bridle path.

web20shots20074.jpg

I love the Buck Echo line. I love the small, well proportioned confirmation and beautiful heads. I can always walk into a pasture and pick out Buck Echo lines, as they all seem to have that "look at me attitude." I have a perlino two year old stallion out of him, and I love him to death. I love his beautiful head and personality the best. He did very well this year in the show ring.

I also have a granddaugther out of him, who is out of Laura Tennill's stallion, Captive Spirit.

Everyone has there own preferences, but I am always attracted to his offspring. Asia - u can send ur boy to this farm in Indiana anytime
smile.gif

Here are some pictures of my stallion Astro and my yearling filly Ice. Ice received reserve at AMHR Nationals and 6th at AMHA World.

I am looking forward to babies out of Astro and showing Ice again next year.

scan.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

We love our Buck Echo son. He stamps them with his pretty head and the look at me attitude.I saw buck Echo in person and think he is a very well put together for his size. He is one of my favorite buckeroo sons.

royalehead1.jpg

Josh Tibbs said:
We love our Buck Echo son. He stamps them with his pretty head and the look at me attitude.I saw buck Echo in person and think he is a very well put together for his size. He is one of my favorite buckeroo sons.

royalehead1.jpg

495942[/snapback]

Josh - How tall is your stallion? Do you have pictures of his foals? I love bays and tiny................

Pam

A friend of mine (KARENB) has a Buck Echo son who was AMHR National Champion stallion. Gorgeous horse! He's throwing some beautiful babies too.

I was lucky enough to see Buck Echo win National Champion Senior Stallion in Columbus. AWESOME!

He measured 30.50. He won Reserve National Grand Chamoion Sr. Stallion in 2002. Here are a couple of his babies.

cinncolt1.jpg

baycolt1.jpg

Echo has always been one of my favorites too....especially since I love the tiny ones!
wub.gif
I also was blessed to have been able to watch him WIN National Grand Champion at the 1994 AMHA Nationals. I video'd him showing & winning & the expression on John's face when they announced Buck Echo was priceless!

Everyone in the stadium was chanting & "echo'ing" his name

Buck [SIZE=21pt]ECHO[/SIZE].........[SIZE=14pt]ECHO[/SIZE]........[SIZE=8pt]ECHO[/SIZE]....... over & over

It made chills run down my neck!
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back