BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hi there...

Ok...here we go....
aktion033.gif

This first pic is of our well going in. It's off to the left side of where the house will soon be.

The second pic is of the portion of land that's been cleared "so far".

About an acre.... still a good ways to go...but it's a start.
wink.gif

The "bare spot" there, is where the house is gonna be.
aktion033.gif

WellandHouseSpot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some "surprises" were revealed as we "go in there".
laugh.gif

This is a beautiful Magnolia. One of a gazillion. This one though is much bushier than most, but still needs some serious nurturing. So we've gotten some fertilizer pegs from Home Depot and started feeding that baby right quick.

We hope it will spread out to be a nice shade tree in a year or two. It stands about 35 ft. tall, just needs to "fill out". (Gosh, I feel like I'm talking about feeding up a horse.
biggrin.gif
)

Anyways, if anyone knows anything about "pruning" Magnolia trees, I'd be grateful for any pointers. (hmmmm sounds like clipping a horse now...
biggrin.gif
), but we wondered if we clipped off the top, would that help the lower portion to soon spread out better? Or would that hurt it if we did that?

MagnoliaBaby.jpg

The second surprise, and I was super excited to see this one!
wub.gif

A Maple Tree.
new_shocked.gif
Where'd THAT come from??? This thing was tucked away and unseen because of all the pines and magnolias. Once we got in there....WHOA, COOL!!!! It's all scraggly right now, because it was practically smothered from the others...but same as the pretty mag mentioned above, we hope to nurture it too! It stands about 25 ft. tall. And awesome start for a potentially beautiful tree in years to come.
thumbup.gif

MapleBaby.jpg

Wonder how many more we might find tucked away in there as we work our way in further...
wink.gif

This next group is of the HOUSE!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[SIZE=14pt]GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!! [/SIZE]
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

The front, and along came the back...and
wub.gif

BADDA BING, BADDA BOOM...WE HAVE A HOUSE!

new_multi.gif

Front-Back.jpg

EDITED...oops...forgot to attach the pic...
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif

Of these first few pics, I wasn't able to be there for the special occassion. I was busy having my noggin' tinkered with.
wacko.gif
So hubby took these for me so I could still see our "new beginnings."
wub.gif

Here are "The House Builder Guys".

(OUR HEROES!)
laugh.gif

TheHouseBuilderGuys.jpg

Well...before hubby showed me the pics, he said something to the effect of..."Here they are...but don't be upset".
ohmy.gif

I was like..."HUH? What now???".
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

Well.....
wacko.gif

It turns out, the builder manufacturer made a bit of a "BooBoo".
unsure.gif

Two of "em.
wacko.gif
One "Bad BooBoo", and one "Good BooBoo".

As you walk in the front door into the living room...there was "supposed" to be a fireplace on that wall. Only...there wasn't a fireplace. There was this huge entertainment center down the whole length of the wall.
new_shocked.gif

That was the "Bad BooBoo". I had for so long, (since the conception of the idea of a new home), envisioned a cold wintery evening (if that's possible for Florida), for this coming Christmas Season, all snuggled up on the couch, (well, we still have to get furniture first...we ain't got nair'n fer the time being...but anyhoo..
unsure.gif
that's a whole other thread's worth to go into
wacko.gif
), and all cuddled up with a really good book (only ONE that fits THAT bill
yes.gif
) whilst I'm sipping a yummy cup of hot cocoa in front of my cozy-wozy fireplace.
wub.gif
Oh and there's marshmellows in my cocoa too!
biggrin.gif
And, as I'm finishing up my scriptures for the night...I'm inching my way over to the fireplace to toast us up some yummy S'MORES!!!
eat.gif

Well...turns out that bubble got popped real quick. Funny...That seems to happen just a bit much.
wacko.gif

That fireplace was put clear out in a whole other room?
new_shocked.gif

Oh well...
rolleyes.gif
such is life, LOL...prayerfully, we just keep on a rollin' right along.

After the week I had already, with my noggin' tinkering and all, I was just so grateful and immensely blessed to at least still have "a" fireplace. Especially, too, while that same week, so many other families along much of the rest of the Gulf Coast was enduring much graver misfortunes by the wrath of Hurricane Katrina.
no.gif
Heaven have mercy.

I do remember though, making a sort of "in passing" comment to hubby, "Gosh, wish they could just take out the ET center and put in a fireplace where I had dreamed of it being." Thinking to myself...not likely, but at least we have one, so that's good enough.
yes.gif

So, that was our "Good BooBoo".
wink.gif

Bad-Good-Boo-Boo.jpg

But, hubby did call "the house builder guy boss" to let them know of the mix up. They offered to take that whole house out, and have a new one replaced. We have worked and worked and worked to get "this far", we wasn't about to say take it out and start over again.
ohmy.gif
So, hubby just told them...no, that's ok, we will GLADLY keep what we have!
wink.gif

And that was that...or so I thought...
unsure.gif

The Lord and those "Unanswered Prayers"...Glory Be!
wub.gif

Oh....speaking of "BooBoo's"....
sad.gif

Here is what my hubby is quite fondly (just a tad over zealous with it too, I might add, LOL), referring to as "PAY BACK TIME".
rolleyes.gif

MyBooBoo.jpg

Yep....all those references I made of his "Mr. Zipper Neck" over the last five years...well, now he says I'm "Mrs. Numbskull".
rolleyes.gif

Ok...
whistling.gif
so I had it coming.
biggrin.gif

It's ok...we've agreed on a TRUCE.
giveup.gif
So it's all good.
wink.gif

OH...and HOLY COW....where'd FIVE WHOLE YEARS fly off to???
new_shocked.gif

Oh...TALK ABOUT HAVING A "BAD HAIR DAY"....
new_shocked.gif

risa_suelos.gif

Hey...whatchoo laughin at???
biggrin.gif

Annnnyhoo....
rolleyes.gif

As the days go by, I lose track of time of day...and night, what month even.
unsure.gif

Well, turns out the clock n' calendar rolled around to be OUR ANNIVERSARY.
wub.gif
I was in NO WAY up for getting all gussied up and going out on a date with hubby. Thankfully, hubby was feeling the brunt of the long day of work too...well, not thankfully for him that he was hurting after working all day, but thankful that he was just as welcoming the idea of "sitting this one out" as I was. So, we spent our 17th Wedding Anniversary here at "Rented Paradise", and ordered in for Pizza Hut.
biggrin.gif

Well, over "dinner", we got to talking of the house and all, and how was it coming along. I wanted to go see, as I hadn't even seen it yet, other than those cherished pics hubby had take for me so far.
wub.gif

He said, well, if you're up for it, let's go for a drive.

WOO HOOO... I had ONE HUMDINGER of a HEADACHE, but by golly, I wanted to GO SEE OUR HOUSE!
new_multi.gif

So...here I am seeing our new HOME SWEET HOME, for my very first time! WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!!
laugh.gif

(Oh, please forgive my scraggly wardrobe of T's and Sweats"...they were comfy at least...oh...and FORGET you saw that head of hair...er....HALF a head of hair, anyhow...
wacko.gif
)

ImHome.jpg

MY HEART IS SINGING....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, I was trying to get a good look inside way up there.
yes.gif

And BOY HOWDIE...WHAT I SAW.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

new_multi.gif
OH MY GOSH!!!!!
new_shocked.gif

One Totally Awesome "UNANSWERED PRAYER!" Glory to the Lord above!
saludando.gif

They took out that gigantic entertainment center, and NOW I HAVE MY DREAM FIREPLACE!
wub.gif

[SIZE=14pt]PRAISE THE LORD! [/SIZE]
aktion033.gif

Hubby said the the manufacturer company up in Georgia spoke to the "house builder guy boss" here in Florida, and they agreed it was their "BooBoo", and without question, wanted to do whatever would "make it right". So then they called hubby, and he said..."Well, she did mention she would've just liked a fireplace in the room that we planned for it.

So...now we have TWO FIREPLACES.
new_shocked.gif

I'm sorry...but, THIS kind of stuff, NEVER HAPPENS TO ME...I must of died and gone to heaven...
laugh.gif

I was FLOORED when I saw that! All I could do was BAWL with PURE HAPPY!
laugh.gif

My only regret is that my Dusty wasn't able to have been there to share such a special day with us. This was our very first Anniversary spent, that it wasn't all three of us together to share the day for our family.

His 20th Birthday just passed too. This was his very first birthday...we weren't TOGETHER to celebrate. <sighs> Three more weeks, then he graduates boot camp. Then he'll be home for 10 days. We've MUCH to catch up on and make up for!
wub.gif

GoodBooBoo2.jpg

Ok....I have a couple more pics...but WHEWDOGGIE...I'm feeling it hit me for some snoozer time.

I need a nap. I'll finish whenever I get another chance to post some more.
saludando.gif

I'm saving THE BEST, for last.
538.gif

Oh Tanya! My heart is filled with happiness for you! Your dream is coming together for you at last! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I love all the trees! And I like the entertainment center and the fireplace you got.

I've seen some really nice fireplaces that are gas or electric that you can add to any room! Sure, it's not real fire, but they look pretty & cozy! Something to hang stockings on!

MY GOODNESS HON, what happened to your poor head? {{{{Hugs}}}}

May the blessings keep rolling in for you!
yes.gif

Good GRAVY Tanya all the poor guy did was let a fireplace get put in the wrong place- there was no reason to slap him up alongside the ear'ole with a two by four
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
wacko.gif
smile.gif

Oh Tanya, it's finally YOUR TURN for some blessings! I'm so glad to see the big one coming to pass!

Golly, I had to take a second look at your "incision", they really cut you up good, didn't they? I'm so glad that it's done and you got to see your house
aktion033.gif

Congratualations on your new unboobooed house and my yes poor Tanya what happened to your head? Owwwwch! Hope you feel better soon.

Oh Tanya, I got all goosebumpy for you. Bless your heart. It's going to be perfect! Congratulations.
aktion033.gif

This is so great! I don't know where I was in April but I missed that post before about you even being able to buy a place. This is wonderful! I love the fireplaces, and I totally agree with your choice of reading.
biggrin.gif

Ah, thats awesome! I am glad you got what you wanted, and more!!
aktion033.gif
The house is looking great!

-Kris

Tanya, everything is looking good and falling into place!! Congrats and wishing you and your family the best!!
biggrin.gif

Congratulations, Tanya!

As for the Magnolia, don't ever top a tree...it will stress and weaken it. For now, let it luxuriate in its newfound light...it may well fill out on its own. Do a Google search on tree nurseries in your area, and find one that specializes in Magnolias. Get their opinion on the best fertilizer for your new friend and what you might do to encourage it to fill out.

BTW, I consider all of my plants to be my pets, so the comparison between trees and horses is quite apt!

Tanya! How perfect it all is. You really deserve so much to be happy. I can hear your excitement.

I love those double wides and surely would trade this house for one in a New York minute if I could. Talk about closet space galore and I'll betcha you even have a garden tub, right? They are really nice and I love the way your's is nestled so cozy there. I'm so happy about the fireplaces too.

You're nesting! You are really finally nesting! Home Sweet Home atlast.

Now, where's the horses and what are your barn plans?

Latest posts

Back