Brilliant news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesper

Reaction score
I just came home from class, called my mom as I usually do a couple of times a week to hear how she is doing, and to tell her how it is going in my end.

About 10 minutes later the phone rings, not a number I recognize so I just say "Hello" instead of "Hi this is Jesper speaking" and it is from one of the largest companies in Denmark. They asked if I was still interested in 1 year Internship/Trainee to finish my education and I of course said "YES!!!". They had originally chosen someone else, a girl a few years younger then me and apparently better then me in one way or another, but who cares. She couldn't keep her legs together and ended up getting pregnant. So she is going to pass on that job and they needed someone else.

It seems I made a good enough impression to think of me, so there I go, from pain and suffering to a nice job. Can't ask for more then that.

So what am I going to do? Well my education as a labtech/chemist whatever title you would like to call it over there (I work in a laboratory). I will be working with research of medicine for bleeders (People who wont stop bleeding if they get hurt, can get medicine that makes the blood coagulate) Apparently the US Army are very interested in this drug if it can be used in combat and stop bleeding in gunshot wounds and so on, and to use the drugs in ambulances and all that. So it's a big bucks thing. The product is already on the market but now they work on getting it into those new markets (Army/Ambulance) which will mean even more money if it works.

My job will be doing research/lab tests with this drug and other drugs alike. It means I can get a much more interesting end to my education then finishing off at school, I am going to learn so many cool things that I never dreamt about.

I am going to work with animals (Rats and Mice mostly) and will learn several surgical procedures while there, things normally only vets ever get to do.To all of you saying OMG animal testings and animal abuse, take it easy, it is very VERY well treated animals, the animals I am going to work with will never have any pain involved since they are "knocked out" during the procedure, and put down after the procedure. The amount of animals USED is very small and I must say, it is nothing like what PETA shows and such. (Very strict laws in Denmark/Europe about such things).

Anyways, just wanted to hop around and shout happily
default_smile.png
Dream come true (now I just need the dream about having horses again, come true).

Jesper

Professional Animal Abuser <--- bad joke ;) live with it, I have a sick sense of humor, but I take my job very seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Jesper, that sounds absolutel wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations and I wish you much success!

Liz M.

Jesper, I am SOOOO happy for you :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I wish you much success and CONGRATS it sounds WONDERFUL :aktion033: Corinne

That's wonderful- Now, you be careful and do not get pregnant!!!

If you were a woman you would know that it can happen to the most careful, the most conscientious etc and not just someone who cannot keep their legs together!!!! :nono:

That's wonderful news, Jesper! Best of luck to you and one day we will probably be hearing that you are a world famous research scientist! :aktion033:

CONGRATULATIONS Jesper. :aktion033:

It's good to hear from you. Post more often so we know how you are.

If you were a woman you would know that it can happen to the most careful, the most conscientious etc and not just someone who cannot keep their legs together!!!! :nono:
I know Jane, but this time it played out in my favor ;)

You know, none of the naughty stuff usually leads to no kiddies, but that of cause is no fun at all.

Thanks everyone, I am just thrilled about this and now I need to fix the logistics of economy until I can start there, will be tough but ooh well, I am sure I will get there.

Jesper

I know Jane, but this time it played out in my favor ;)

You know, none of the naughty stuff usually leads to no kiddies, but that of cause is no fun at all.

Thanks everyone, I am just thrilled about this and now I need to fix the logistics of economy until I can start there, will be tough but ooh well, I am sure I will get there.

Jesper
Congrats on the position Jesper, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge others whose situation you don't know. I knew of a girl many years back who was raped and had a baby because of it. She had the baby and gave it up for adoption, and I think that took more guts than I can imagine!

Congrats on the position Jesper, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge others whose situation you don't know. I knew of a girl many years back who was raped and had a baby because of it. She had the baby and gave it up for adoption, and I think that took more guts than I can imagine!
Well I sorta know her story since I was told some of it, she is having a baby with her longtime boyfriend and they decided to keep it and she will start the SAME job, just one year later then planned.

Jesper

Latest posts

Back