breeding ASPC and AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this gets asked a lot and is very confusing. The answer is you could only register national show pony. In order to breed aspc/amhr horses the parents must be registered aspc/amhr. Or you could have two parents who are aspc and wait three years to see if the foal stays under 38" and then hardship amhr.

To break it down really basic think of it this way

ASPC x ASPC = ASPC

AMHR x AMHR = AMHR

ASPC/AMHR x ASPC = ASPC

ASPC/AMHR x AMHR = AMHR

ASPC/AMHR x ASPC/AMHR = ASPC/AMHR

ASPC x AMHR = NSPR

I like how Lewella broke that down.
default_yes.gif
:

Another possibility is if the ASPC mare is 38" or under, you can "hardship" her into AMHR prior to the foal being born and list her on the stallion's breeding report. This would make the foal eligible for AMHR papers.

But if the mare is over 38", then the foal would only be eligible for the Show Pony Registry.

MA

I like how Lewella broke that down.
default_yes.gif
:

Another possibility is if the ASPC mare is 38" or under, you can "hardship" her into AMHR prior to the foal being born and list her on the stallion's breeding report. This would make the foal eligible for AMHR papers.

But if the mare is over 38", then the foal would only be eligible for the Show Pony Registry.

MA
Hi MA Sorry to contradict your last statement...the foal from an over 38" mare would only be eligible for the National Show Pony division unless holding ASPR papers. Even then the resulatant foal wouldonly be eligible for the National Show Pony Registry.....Not the Show Pony Registry. We of the ASPR (American Show Pony Registry) committee hope to work on some clarification on this division and bring some things to the table at Convention.

Thanks for your help!

Now I can breed my stallion to my taller mares, can't wait to see the results.

National Show Pony, a absolut new breeding in Germany!

If the mare isn't reg yet in USA, she is a german breed classic pony, can I reg her in the studbook?

Iva always wondered about the choice of names for the new new registry.... seems bound to cause confusion between ASPR and NSPR.

If the mare isn't reg yet in USA, she is a german breed classic pony, can I reg her in the studbook?
I think you can register her with the ASPC but I think she'd get "International" papers. You'd have to call the home office to find out for sure.

Latest posts

Back