Breeching mostly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michele80906

Reaction score
Hey guys...when I first started with this group, I think someone gave a link to a lady who had minis and gave an excellent description and pictures of each and every stage of harnessing. I can't find it in the archives...does anyone know what I am talking about? I am concerned here with the placing of the breeching...I thought I had it down, but now I am doubting myself. I know where it's suppose to sit...but I am concerned about how much space you give them between the breeching and the horse. Has anyone every had an experience with putting a new harness on a horse with new breeching and had the breeching fold up toward the base of the tail? Ugh...this new breeching was different from my old harness, it's from Ron's Harness ( he has great stuff) and it had an extra strap over the rump for positioning. I had trouble getting the breeching to sit balanced on my horse's rump...it tended to be cock eyed is my best description. Please help! I am looking at a new mini to drive and I want to make sure my harness (new horse is the same size as my current mini) breeching is correctly positioned. My old harness had only one strap across the rump. Thank you in advance, Michele

Oh, I forgot to add that I live in Colorado and I drive on gravel roads in rural areas with lots of up and down hills, some of them pretty steep, so I need breeching. Thank you.

Hey guys...when I first started with this group, I think someone gave a link to a lady who had minis and gave an excellent description and pictures of each and every stage of harnessing. I can't find it in the archives...does anyone know what I am talking about? I am concerned here with the placing of the breeching...I thought I had it down, but now I am doubting myself. I know where it's suppose to sit...but I am concerned about how much space you give them between the breeching and the horse. Has anyone every had an experience with putting a new harness on a horse with new breeching and had the breeching fold up toward the base of the tail? Ugh...this new breeching was different from my old harness, it's from Ron's Harness ( he has great stuff) and it had an extra strap over the rump for positioning. I had trouble getting the breeching to sit balanced on my horse's rump...it tended to be cock eyed is my best description. Please help! I am looking at a new mini to drive and I want to make sure my harness (new horse is the same size as my current mini) breeching is correctly positioned. My old harness had only one strap across the rump. Thank you in advance, Michele

PICTURES...please???
default_biggrin.png

I would be happy to provide pictures except for the fact that the horse I was fitting is no longer able to cart...way too long of story to talk about. My concern is fitting the new mini if I purchase her. I was hoping for tips on breeching positon, like I said, I know where it should hang, but how much play between horse and breeching? How tight in other words. I will be going to see the potential horse in a couple of weeks and taking my harness. I want to see what the owner has but I know she does not use breeching because she is driving pretty much on level ground. The mare is dead broke...13 and been carting for along time. She is about as bomb proof as she can get. So...any explanation would be greatly appreciated. Michele

PICTURES...please???
biggrin.gif

THAT'S IT! Thank you so very much. Michele

this is a website I've consultulted. It seems good.

Latest posts

Back