Bred or Not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bred or Not

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
This is my daughter's mini. She broke in with the stallion in early November. We have discovered she is an escape artist
default_wacko.png
. Anyways we are thinking she may be bred. I am going to order a wee foal 120 test on Tuesday to check. She has lost a little weight and is getting more feed to compensate for that. For those that are wondering she had her teeth done in January by Carl, so that's not the issue for the slight weight loss she has. Anyways first pic is from October of last year and next pic was taken yesterday. It may be hard to see because of the crappy pic quality but if you look in front of the udder area she has developed some poochyness.

8f125d7e.jpg

EDITED

I think you need to get a WeeFoal test to be 100% sure. My mare didn't "show" until about the last month or so and she should be due April/May. Your mare is gorgeous though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to like to view a mare either from the front or from a butt shot do see how they look side to side.

A pregnant tummy goes out sideways until the very end and if the mare is standing evenly, one side bulges out more than the other.

If shes bred, she would only be a little more then about 120 days now so wouldn't be too far along now. My non horsey aunt asked me if she was bred and I told her it may be possible. Won't know till I order the weefoal test on Tuesday and get it.

At her stage of pregnancy that would be too early to call her pregnant by her looks.

It is always good to know either way.
default_rolleyes.gif

If you want to know "now"...you are going to have to test. It's just too early to tell by looking. Most of mine don't actually start "looking" pregnant until their last tri-mester.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back