Bran Mash for Mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joann

Reaction score
Cant find bran to make a mash for my mare after she foals in a smaller than 50 lb bag. What do you all use for the mash and where do you buy it? this the last item I need to get and I am ready for this foal to be born!! TIA for any help with htis.

I use beet pulp, as it's safe and it's usually part of their regular diet, so doesn't cause tummy upset like bran can. I've also just soaked their regular diet, if I've not had beet pulp on hand.

It can, but it's quite different than beet pulp or wheat bran, since it's a fat source, it should be fed in small quantities. What other feeds to you have on hand? Hay pellets? Hay cubes? Pelleted feed of some sort?

We don't give anything but a nice big helping of their grain.....and some banamine if they are cramping.....It keeps them on their feet

while their newborn is trying to learn where the groceries come from......besides they EARNED it!

I actuallyjust ordered some wheat bran through amazon just 20 ounces. I will use just a cup and add her grain pellets to it .thanks for the help.

well bran wont be here till weds and she had her foal last night at 11:10. beatiful little filly. what a fast delivery and everything went so smooth. so glad it is over and van now relax. both us and her!! thanks everyone for all the help to my questions.

Below the typing window is a button that says "More Reply Options", hit that, then after the page reloads, at the bottom of the page is a spot to upload pictures from your computer. Click attach, then when it's loaded, you can hit the "add to post" button.

Bliss and Spotty - June 20, 2016.jpg

BIG congratulations Joann!!!! So happy for you.

For posting photos you can upload here or you can link to a photo on your site or a photo storage site.

To upload here: Click on more reply options then click on "choose file"....before you do that note to the right of choose file it says No file chosen, well once you choose your file then you'll see the name of your photo there, once you see that then click where you want the photo to be in your post, and then click on "attach this file".

Latest posts

Back