Bo's progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandminis

Reaction score
So I thought it was a good idea not to belabor you guys with all my daily worry warting - bit the bullet and got the vet to come. Vet went over Bo thoroughly. There was no laminitis (whew) My faulty imagining - hey, I've never seen it! - but there is significant tissue bruising and the joint got some heavy stress when it was stuck for so long. So it will take at least 3 to 4 months for there to be improvement to the point where he can use it normally. At this point he is walking on it but not keeping his wieght on it for any length of time. I still have to keep him on his walking/hill climbing program - vet says keep him lean,keep him fit. Funny how when it comes to helping a beloved pet we will do it all, but won't do the same for ourselves! Any way. over the last couple of weeks since the vet visit there has been improvement, he has a good appetite, and seems happy in every other way. He and Chocolate even did some horseing around when it snowed here (rare - snow, not horseing around) Thankyou for your input and patience.
default_rolleyes.gif

So I thought it was a good idea not to belabor you guys with all my daily worry warting - bit the bullet and got the vet to come. Vet went over Bo thoroughly. There was no laminitis (whew) My faulty imagining - hey, I've never seen it! - but there is significant tissue bruising and the joint got some heavy stress when it was stuck for so long. So it will take at least 3 to 4 months for there to be improvement to the point where he can use it normally. At this point he is walking on it but not keeping his wieght on it for any length of time. I still have to keep him on his walking/hill climbing program - vet says keep him lean,keep him fit. Funny how when it comes to helping a beloved pet we will do it all, but won't do the same for ourselves! Any way. over the last couple of weeks since the vet visit there has been improvement, he has a good appetite, and seems happy in every other way. He and Chocolate even did some horseing around when it snowed here (rare - snow, not horseing around) Thankyou for your input and patience.
default_rolleyes.gif
Congrats on making such progress with him!! Keep up the good work!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back