Borat (movie)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Have any of you seen Borat?

H and I watched it the other night. I know most of it was in bad taste, but that didn't stop me from laughing to the point my stomach hurt! Some of it was so funny!!! Not sure "you" want to take my word for it, though, because Jack A** can also make me about roll on the floor :bgrin

OMG!!!! I LOVED it Jill. Most of my family stared at me as I laughed. One of my favorite parts was in the beginning,,, when Borat was still in his village...

He introduces this tiny frail wrinkly little elderly woman and says, " This is oldest woman in village, she is my mutha,, she 43..." I died laughing, probably because I am 41 and sometimes you feel like oldest woman in village!

And he and his buddies fight cracked me up, so far from a cat fight it was unreal!

Anyway, LOVED it!

I loved the movie, i thought it was about the funniest thing i'd ever seen. It was like a mature Napolean Dynomite lol.

I like when he goes to look for 'cars' and they look at the Hummer and he asks how fast he would have to hit someone in it LOL. Hillarous, loved the movie.

Jill, you and i must have the same evil sense of humor because jacka** put my on the ground laughing too!!!!

i liked it too and thought it was really funny! but did you guys know he has several lawsuits about that movie?? I guess a ton of those people didnt know it was a real movie and they thought he really was who he said he was. He kinda duped people that were in there.

i liked it too and thought it was really funny! but did you guys know he has several lawsuits about that movie?? I guess a ton of those people didnt know it was a real movie and they thought he really was who he said he was. He kinda duped people that were in there.
Yes, I knew that! I am bad, because that made it even more funny to me :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

i agree it did make it funnier! i loved the part with pam anderson LOL

Me too!!! BUT, I think the part that made me laugh the hardest was at the dinner when he came back to the table with a baggie.......... :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Saw it, own it, love it.

I am surprised that Americans in general aren't angry at the movie. It portrays Americans as a bunch of ignorant jerks, with the exception of the prostitute - she's the only one with any manners or decency in the whole movie! Oh, and the little Jewish couple with the B&B were sweet too, I guess. The Pentecostal church people were nice, but a little nuts!

Frankly, I think the Kazaks come off looking a lot better than the Americans, abject poverty and all.

Well, obviously it didn't give me the impression that it was trying to make Americans look like a bunch of ignorant jerks
default_wink.png
: I just found it all very funny but not indicative of what American people are all about.

Jagshemash!

Oh, yes, we bought it, too!

I think the "duping" was funny as well, because as a rule, it was harmless from what I could see.

Yes, there's also a lot of condescending humor in it, but that's human nature.

My oldest son quotes from it a lot, and consequently, so do the rest of us!

"Great success!" with a high five is pretty common around here.

Kim, I can just hear the giggling about the "bullfight" that was soooooo grody! How about when they met and made up?

Did anyone else notice when he was singing at the Rodeo and at the end, the rodeo queen's horse falls down?

What was that about?

Did she just haul on his mouth that hard in her shock over Borat's performance?

Anyway!

Funny movie!

Liz

I liked it, it was so stupid it was funny.

Frankly, I think the Kazaks come off looking a lot better than the Americans, abject poverty and all.
Jenn...what's up with your hatred for Americans? Maybe you need to talk with someone professionally about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was made to make people in America look dumb... the church and the "saving" the people, the people that were so full of themselves at the cocktail dinner, the people that freaked out at the rodeo. He was just showing some people are not real forgiving to other things they don't know about. And if you can't laugh at yourself,,, kinda thing! I think if someone came into our house and tried to give me a baggie of "surprise" at dinner I would probably kick them out too!

I dont see where it made americans looks like the idiots of the bunch, i see where it poked fun at the 'borat' people ...not sure where im getting where it made america look dumb? Hmmmmmm

I knew about the lawsuites before i seen it, it added to the movie actually LOL. Man, im going to have to go out and rent it agian and jack*** .......

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it, it was so stupid it was funny.

Jenn...what's up with your hatred for Americans? Maybe you need to talk with someone professionally about it.
I don't hate Americans as individuals. There are many wonderful Americans whom I call my friends.

I strongly dislike American politics, the American media and what America is doing to the rest of the world. I'm counting down the days until Bush is no longer president.

Trust me, that's not unusual.

My oldest son quotes from it a lot, and consequently, so do the rest of us!

Did anyone else notice when he was singing at the Rodeo and at the end, the rodeo queen's horse falls down?

What was that about?

Did she just haul on his mouth that hard in her shock over Borat's performance?
We're constantly quoting it here, or just falling into a Borat accent and talking that way. I love that he was speaking Hebrew while playing an anti-Semitic character.

I did notice the horse falling down, but couldn't really figure out why - maybe I need to watch it in slow motion to see if it's a trained trick horse.

Well, I don't hate American politics and I hope we have a Republican president again in 2008.

I am thankful every day that I am an American.

july4_1.gif

Sooooooooo, anyone want to discuss religeon? Or feeding programs?

Anyway, Borat WAS a funny movie, huh
default_wacko.png
:

Yes I saw it at the theater and thought it was very funny, and may just get the Unrated Version on DVD, I guess the added scenes are hilarious~

OMG Jill, yet again, your humor is right on. Though I have to admit, when we saw it at the movies, we almost felt like it wasn't okay to be laughing at all of this! The whole movie was insane, and my boyfriend and I have to work to Stop talking like him! (We'll constantly start talking about something to the other then say... "Or I Crush!")

It boggles me how many people we willing to make such A**es of themselves in front of a camera when they though that other americans would never see it, but man, put them right where their mouth started and there're a gonna Sue! Stupid really. Needless to say, we own it.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back