BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, he is still alive. I am not sure if he is still standing or not but I would think they probably have some of his sperm frozen. If they are still standing him - it's a pretty penny plus they probably only allow a few select mares each year. 
default_wub.png

Here is something on Boones Little Buckeroo showing a 2008 filly that was sired by buckeroo

Little Kings Breezy Buckeroo

2008 Bay Filly 30.5"

Sire: Boones Little Buckeroo

Dam: Little Kings TC Marquis

Absolutely stunning! This filly is correct, balanced, beautiful face and an awesome pedigree. Her sire is the one of a kind Buckeroo. Her dam is a daughter of Buckeroos Top Cat. Breezy has what it takes to win at the World level and become a great producing broodmare.

Price:$30,000.

He's alive and kicken'. He has put his stamp on the miniature horse industry like few others can compare. I don't think he is standing to outside mares, but I don't think they would deny him pature rights to a little somethin'somethin in his frisky old age! I believe Marianne had posted earlier this year that he still jumps the stall door to the aisle when a mare is in season near by. I'll get my Buckeroo son yet!!!!(one day)

BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO A 03047 05/22/1978 S SBS BD - 30.500

SIRE POPLAR LANES SAMSON I 00334 SSR - DC 31.000

DAM JOHNSTONS VANILLA R 01827P SPA - - 34.000

BRDR RALPH C. LAWSON

OWNR ED EBERTH OR MARIANNE EBERTH LITTLE KING MINIATURE HORSE FM

TOTAL 369 Foal(s)

SHOW RESULTS

[Top] YEAR CLASS RESULT

1983 SENIOR STALLION NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION

1983 SOLID COLOR STALLIONS NATIONAL CHAMPION

2007 GET OF SIRE WORLD CHAMPION

Hes 31 this year
default_new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckeroo is 32. He doesn't stand to outside mares, but I believe they are using him on a few of their mares.

My stallion is a Buckeroo Grandson, and he just went AMHA Grand Champion Senior Stallion. Buckeroo is STILL stamping get and grand get.

I have 2 Buckeroo G-daughters

1 by Little Kings Buck-Off

1 by Little Kings Zephyr Buckeroo

default_smile.png
We have a grandson(in avatar) grandson of BOTH Buckeroo and Komokos Little King Supreme

He is just awesome.. .fantastic temperment

So thrilled to have him

One of the things that impresses me the most about Buckeroo is that 2007 Get of Sire win at Worlds. You hear all the time about how the miniature breed has improved in the last 10 or 20 years, and I tend to agree. Yet here is a stallion that has been siring top quality minis for 3 decades!!!

I saw him last year and got such a thrill out of touching him LOL Silly I know.

I've got 3 granddaughters and a son of BTU. Also have a yearling colt that's a grandson of Top Cat and Ten-L's Echo's Captive Spirit. Same colt is a great grandson to Boones Little Buckeroo, Little Kings Buck Echo and Little Kings Buck the System.

Didnt set out to buy Buckeroo lines, it just happened that way. Nice horses.

Hi all-Robin here. The Old Man is doing well for his age. He turns 32 in May! We had several foals born this year by him- but only 3 colts-the rest all fillies- so we are holding onto all of them- and they are really nice- thank you Buckeroo!!!!
default_biggrin.png

We only bred about half as many mares this year to him. Most old stallions end up passing away while in the midst of breeding- yes- actual breeding. They tend to have heart attacks. So needless to say- Mom was very selective of the mares this year.

I wish AMHA would update the studbooks online- they don't list half the titles horses have won. Buckeroo won Get of Sire in 1992, 93, 94 and again in 2007. It was awesome this year to watch Thumper win Grand Stallion- In the 32-34" stallion class 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place were all sons or grandsons of Buckeroo! Needless to say the Old Man was represented well this year. Thank you so much to all the owners and trainers who did such an outstanding job repesenting the Buckeroo horses this year!

If you haven't had the chance to come and see Buckeroo in person, please come soon! Everyday is a gift to have Buckeroo in our lives. We know the day will come- but for now- don't tell him that- he will turn and look at you with those great big eyes and say what do you mean....OLD?

I've tried to attach a picture of Buckeroo taken this year by Stuart Vesty- it is just the proof as we haven't been able to pick which ones are best. Stuart is simply awesome- And yes- this proof is 100% untouched! Not sure if I did it right- but it said it was on here. Buckeroo_2009.jpg

Everyone is welcome to come to the farm - just give us a call or send an e-mail. Better yet- come to the Oktoberfest- next weekend here at LKF and see Buckeroo himself and all the other boys and girls! Looking forward to seeing everyone here.

Thanks- Robin-LKF

www.littlekingfarm.com

[email protected]

Thank you for the update, Robin! Buckeroo still looks as magnificent as he did as a youngster!
default_yes.gif

We also have a grandson of his.......via his son, Locomotion...... There will be many tears shed when KING Buckeroo eventually passes.

I think for him to be alive and breeding says something about the love and care that must have been given to him all these years.

That photo brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you for posting that photo and for the love and the care you obviously lavished on him.

Hugs

Bonnie

Robin Buckeroo looks fabulous. I can't wait until next weekend. I have always wanted to see him in person, I can't believe it is really going to come true. What a great Birthday this will be for me, my 1st present is my visit to LKF and my 2nd is a Buckeroo granddaughter.

I think he is one of my favorite horses that isn't mine! We have a grandson that is the sweetest lil guy. Love to have a son, but that's outta my price range!

Lucy

Latest posts

Back