Boones Little Buckeroo????????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Buckeroo grandson and thought I'd put in my 2 cents. First of all, having Buckeroo in a pedigree doesn't mean that the horse will be exceptional, but it does increase his chances. Buckeroo has been very prepotent in producing horses that look like himself. As for getting coarse with age, our own Buckeroo grandson, Little Kings Brumby Buck, is now 11 and the photo below was taken when he turned ten. He is not sweated or conditioned to be a halter horse. He is a driving horse and versatility horse. These photos of him have not been retouched. You can decide for yourself if he has gotten coarse over the years:
WR1-Brumby.jpg

WR1-Brumby3.jpg

I'm in LOVE!!! He's GORGEOUS!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

And I do love the "Buckeroo look". My Buckeroo grandson has it.

Lucy

I own a Buckeroo Grandson. He is gorgeous and out produces himself time and time again. I tell you with age he just has gotten better. He was on top as a 2yr old and is still on top today. I will say he is also the best mannered stallion and we recieve compliments all the time. Once I figure out how to get my picture size down
default_wacko.png
I will post his picture! But I say go for it!!!!!

I personally have seen excellent stock from him and some uglies. It really depends if you wants bloodlines vs. conformation in every breed and line. Some love them and some hate them. Every stallion is like that. I know some people with Buckeroo offspring that are exceptional themselves but the babies they produce are nothing close to a halter horse. And vice versa. Some like people said are coarse and ugly and never come out of it. While others are exceptional their whole career.

The stallion pictured here is very nice.... and I did say there were some nice ones out there- my point was not to purchase just based on a pedigree.

But I agree with Littleum too- just out of curiosity, I would also like to see the percentage of these things. It just makes for more interesting info on the breed, and who is producing what and how- not just this line but all of them.

Direct offspring get 50% input from a parent, grandget get only 25%, etc... so things get more diluted with each generation and there are other good horses that can factor in to what gives a horse the 'it' gene.

As I stated, this horse you are looking at or purchased, has quite a well known pedigree of lots of good horses.
default_biggrin.png

It's true that there are many Buckeroo offspring winning in the showring, but of course it doesn't take Buckeroo to make a show champion--look at all the winners produced by the First Knight program, which doesn't include Buckeroo at all.

I love the look of Boone's Little Buckeroo, but I have seen other horse's right here on this forum (lots and lots) that I LOVE the looks of even more.

As of today on AMHA Studbook online, Boones Little Buckeroo has produced 369 registered foals. 38 of them have been World Champions. 72 of them are not breeding aged (foaled in 2006 - 2008) so that leaves 297 of them that are breeding aged. Keeping in mind that some of them have not been bred (ie, mares still showing and such) still 49 of the 297 that are breeding aged have produced World Champions. I believe that is right at 1 out of every 6 of his breeding aged foals have produced World Champions. Now someone that is a lot better at math than myself can do the percentages as my rear is numb from looking up the numbers for you folks that said "You wanted to know". In case you want to know some names, these are his World Champions. Several of them have multiple titles and I don't have time to put them all down but here goes:

Boones Little Buckeroo 2nd

Boones Little Miss Buckette

Little Kings Banshee Buckeroo

Little Kings Bianca Buckeroo

Little Kings Black Velvet

Little Kings Bolero

Little Kings Bonus Bucks

Little Kings Buck Angelica

Little Kings Buck By Buck

Little Kings Buck Easy

Little Kings Buck Echo

Little Kings Buckeroo Center Stage

Little Kings Buckeroo Forevermore

Little Kings Buckeroo Trump

Little Kings Lets Talk About Bucks

Little Kings Psyched Up Buck

Little Kings Little Bucker

Little Kings Locomotion

Little Kings Madam Buckeroo

Little Kings Miss Bay Buckeroo

Little Kings Miss Buckeroo

Spice Of Life Saffron

Little Kings All Fired Up Buck

Little Kings Bandstand Buckeroo

Little Kings Buck Magnificent

Little Kings Buckeroo Cavalier

Little Kings Buckeroo Baccarra

Little Kings Buckeroo Bonsai

Little Kings Buckeroo Carte Blanche

Little Kings Buckeroo Dejavu

Little Kings Buckeroo Extasy

Little Kings Buckeroo Icon

Little Kings Buckeroos Elegant Miss

Little Kings Buffy Buckeroo

Little Kings Evita Buckeroo

Little Kings Gala Buckeroo

Little Kings Leatherwood Buckeroo

Little Kings LF Buckeroo Zorro

These are the 38 World Champion sons and daughers of Buckeroo that have garnered multiple World Grand Champion and World Champion titles in halter as well as driving. I could be here all week if I went into the grandsons and granddaughters and great grandsons and great granddaughters. I think I will stop here as this pretty much should convince most folks that Buckeroo is much more than hype and good marketing. He is for real as the proof is in the numbers.

These are the facts and I am betting that we still see yet more World Champions from Boones Little Buckeroo and the Buckeroo line.

Thanks so much slv for going to all that trouble!!

I have loved him since I got into minis in the late 80's. :)

Many times I have kicked myself for not buying a SON of his that I inquired about way back then!

Susan O.

Thanks so much slv for going to all that trouble!!
I have loved him since I got into minis in the late 80's. :)

Many times I have kicked myself for not buying a SON of his that I inquired about way back then!

Susan O.
Yes, thank you for going to all the trouble.

And, I for one would love a son of Buckeroo, but I'll settle for my grandson and granddaughter. I love his look and what I've seen of his get.

Edited to add: Ok that was AMHA, I wonder how his get have done in AMHR? I know some breeders that show R only. Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Buckaroo grandson Westwinds Buck Offs Naked Truth. He is a beautiful silver bay and has produced nice foals for us. He is now 17 years old.

KenBen

Snowy Acres Miniature Horses

We have a Buckaroo grandson Westwinds Buck Offs Naked Truth. He is a beautiful silver bay and has produced nice foals for us. He is now 17 years old.
KenBen

Snowy Acres Miniature Horses

I have a sister of his!
default_wub.png

Thanks for appreciating my research. I would much rather research horses than watch TV so just spent a few hours last night scrolling through the AMHA studbook and writing down numbers. I didn't mind doing it at all as I am very passionate about Buckeroo. I was thinking to myself this morning how wonderful it must be to have a stallion that one out of every six of his foals would go on to produce a World Champion and one out of every 9.???? would be a World Champion themselves. That is a great percentage in my eyes.

It is also correct that this is ONLY the AMHA numbers and I do know that several of his foals and grandget have been successful in AMHR.

I also want to add that I love Classy Cat and the other grandson whose photos have been posted on here. They are both beautiful. Well I must get to work now. Thanks again to all that have read my post and appreciate Buckeroo as much as I do.

Not sure if I'm making sense, and I'm not saying Buckaroo has not put out a few good ones, but, and again, this is my own personal opinion.... I think he has been 'bred to death' and as the line has grown, the quality has not stayed or improved with much of what I have seen.
Well, tons of famous stallions have been bred to death; why say that just to Buckeroo? Look at Hemlock Brooks Eyptian King, or Lazy N' Boogerman. And, I do not think that the quality of the line has faded. Yeah, there may be some "nays" out there, but that percentage is pretty small, I mean, look at all of the grandsons and grand daughters, and great grandsons and great granddaughters that HAVE won! It would be time consuming to look them all up. I mean look at Libertys Miss Kentucky??

I honestly wouldn't dislike any stallion just because he hasn't reproduced himslef. A nice stallion is a nice stallion.

And now, I rest my case.

Well- I was already warned about this post and how my hair might be raised. All in all I was very thankful for those who recognize that a not so great horse or attribute of a horse cannot and should not be blamed on just one of the horses in it's pedigree.

After finally getting to the pedigree of the horse in question- on PAPER it is outstanding. He has so many "greats" all in one --it is simply stunning! There are 85 horses listed. Some of those repeated and if I counted correctly- leaving 58 different horses in the pedigree. Gold Melody Boy was 7 times and his parents 7 times, Roan Ranger 4 times with his dam 4 times (sire already counted extra), Boones Apache twice, Dell Teras Buttons twice, etc, etc. Other greats such as Orion, Rebel, King Supreme, Teenie Jeanie, Fields Delight etc etc. Why on earth is Buckeroo- who was listed only 1 time in this pedigree- taking the blame for this poor colt not being good enough quality to use for breeding- based on his pedigree alone????????? HELLLLOOOO!!!!! What about GMB (who I love), what about Orion- who again was stunning and produced very good horses, why not Rebel who again had awesome success with his get and grandget in the ring????? Why is Buckeroo the only horse out of 58 to determine this poor colt's fate as a breeding horse????

I want it to be very clear- a Pedigree is not everything, Buckeroo or not. It does and can help - but not for the reasons many have stated. Having a name in a pedigree that is well known to be a champion in the show ring means just that- it has been a champion under a judge that liked the way it looked and showed on that day in that ring. The Hype and Marketing of that horse can increase the branding power and in turn make it more famous. BUT- can it out live the fad and hype? For those who have not been around very long- look back- Can you really say Buckeroo is a fad or only marketing hype? Why on earth would Marianne Eberth dedicate her entire life and 2 of her 4 children go into the miniature horse business on just a fad or hype? Why would she manage and work so hard with a stallion that is 31 years old to be sure he maintains his reputation? Because she believes in him, she has seen time and time again his foals and grandget in other breeders' hands and barns produce more champion quality horses that have gone on to win with yet again new owners. This is not a fad or hype- this is a breeder who is truly dedicated to producing quality miniature horses for the industry as a whole- not just a fad for the year. She has outlived the hype, fads and titles of many, many horses that have won World titles and never again produced a show win winner. She did not make Buckeroo. She did not hype him or make him a fad. She complimented him with her love, dedication and good simple horse knowledge conformation and breeding- his qualities made him famous. His ability to reproduce "the Look" made him famous. The fact that Marianne worked her butt off to find mares to compliment him and to make sure the foals that she felt had a chance to win a title got placed in the hands of owners and trainers that knew what to do with them. If that love and dedication is the definition of hype or fad- then I need to re-read the dictionary.

I just told a new breeder the other day- you have to love the horse you are going to dedicate everyday of your life to. It has to be a horse that you like to look at and that you can believe in. Conformation should be the priority quality to consider, how the stallion will compliment mares or what type of mares you need to compliment him should be next and then pedigree, show titles, full sibilings, etc. From a resale or marketing standpoint- a horse that has a pedigree with consistent show champions or production of show champions can make your horses more valuable and in more demand. If it doesn't, why are there horse shows?

I want to thank those who came to the defense of the old man who is 31 this year and still takes my breath away when he jumps over his stall to tease whatever young Buck is taunting him. For those of who you think Buckeroo is just hype or a fad, I welcome you to come see him yourself and look at his foals and grandfoals here on his farm and tell him he is just hype.

Just my opinion. I will say one thing more- you won't see me get on this forum and bash some old stallion because he was one of 58 other horses in a pedigree. My Mom said, how would you like her to go to your website, pic a colt from your farm and post his picture, pedigree on this forum and bash him for the entire WORLD to see and say that it is nothing more than a colt and should never be bred? As mothers all say--- if you can't say somethng nice, then don't say it at all. Everyone is entitled to like or dislike something, but to publically tear down a horse that has had such an impact on what this industry is today- please save it till he is dead.

Robin-LKF

www.LittleKingFarm.com

[email protected]

These are the 38 World Champion sons and daughers of Buckeroo that have garnered multiple World Grand Champion and World Champion titles in halter as well as driving. I could be here all week if I went into the grandsons and granddaughters and great grandsons and great granddaughters. I think I will stop here as this pretty much should convince most folks that Buckeroo is much more than hype and good marketing. He is for real as the proof is in the numbers.
These are the facts and I am betting that we still see yet more World Champions from Boones Little Buckeroo and the Buckeroo line.
Thanks for doing that research- Had to comment on that before I went on reading ...

I wish I was better at math to be able to figure out all the percentages to

You are right that does not even get into grandget who have gone on to produce many other winning horses. Is every horse with him on the pedigree great no of course not- is any horse with any one singled out horse in a pedigree great- nope...

The answer is simple if Buckeroo is your cup of tea great- if he is not great -all about choice. I will say it again- Like him or not there is no denying he was a horse way ahead of his time- and his look has withstood the test of time - his marketing and promotion was way ahead of it's time in this breed and has not been duplicated.

Extremely well said Robin. I wish I had even a 1/10 of you knowledge of bloodlines and years of dedication to a stallion that your family has had.

I have one of Buckeroo's great-grand sons who at the age of 10 is making himself known in the WCP driving arena--was a Reserve National Champion last year and is going back to compete again this year. Like his great-grand sire, this boy only gets better with age. He already has a son that is doing exceptionally well and had several nice Championship wins at Central Regionals recently. My boy will never have the exposure that Buckeroo had because I'm a very small farm, but that does not deminish what this stallion is and how much he mean to me.

Personally, thank you for your family's dedication to Buckeroo who has had a wonderful influence on generations of horses. I only wish I could come visit before this wonderful "OLD MAN" is not longer on this earth to see. He is and alway will be amoung the elite of the miniature horse world.

As mothers all say--- if you can't say somethng nice, then don't say it at all. Everyone is entitled to like or dislike something, but to publically tear down a horse that has had such an impact on what this industry is today- please save it till he is dead.
Robin-LKF

www.LittleKingFarm.com

[email protected]
The attitude of "don't say anything if you can't say anything nice" is NOT helpful. It is an attitude that PERVADES the Miniature world and it does us NO favors!

I really didn't see bashing here or tearing down, except in a few posts that had a negative vibe. There WERE posts that said "he's not my cup of tea" and "I don't like x, y, z about the line"- but this hardly constitutes tearing down or bashing.

NO bloodline is perfect or flawless. EVERY bloodline has its faults and disappointments. Obviously, it's not fair to blame one horse 3 generations back for a disappointing foal. It's also not fair to give all the credit to that one horse 3 generations back. It's necessary to look at the big picture. (I think we can all agree on these points, right?)

And with the "big picture" in mind:

We need to be able to discuss, openly and honestly, what those faults and flaws are. Frank, honest and mature discussions about the merits and flaws of a bloodline (or horse, or donkey, or fruit pie) is not bashing. It is an informed, frank, mature, honest discussion. This is one of my biggest frusterations with the Miniature community: we haven't matured enough, as a breed, to be able to tell the difference between bashing and just honest discussion. The instant someone says something that goes against the grain, it's taken to be "bashing".

Maybe it's the big horse background. Warmblood people get thick skins, because they're used to foal reports, stallion reports, inspection scores where they get those tough evals. Many stallions actually get graded on their foal production and how they will improve or diminish this or that trait.

There was a TB stallion named Lauries Crusador xx who was used in many warmblood books. Very famous. Very successful. As a sire of dressage horses. He was known as "the jump killer" too, because his offspring (and their offspring) had such sub-par jumping ability, and even when crossed with jumping bred mares, that really sub par ability just comes through. But even branded "the jump killer" (come on, that's pretty dang negative!) everyone recognizes the other hugely valuable contributes he made in other areas.

.... Why is Buckeroo the only horse out of 58 to determine this poor colt's fate as a breeding horse????

Just my opinion. I will say one thing more- you won't see me get on this forum and bash some old stallion because he was one of 58 other horses in a pedigree. My Mom said, how would you like her to go to your website, pic a colt from your farm and post his picture, pedigree on this forum and bash him for the entire WORLD to see and say that it is nothing more than a colt and should never be bred? As mothers all say--- if you can't say somethng nice, then don't say it at all. Everyone is entitled to like or dislike something, but to publically tear down a horse that has had such an impact on what this industry is today- please save it till he is dead.

Robin-LKF
Well said, Robin. I too wondered when I saw the pedigree why Buckeroo was being singled out. Buckeroo is one of the first miniature horses I ever saw in person, and still one of the most beautiful.

And I find it disturbing that the horse in question would be critiqued here when it apparently is not (fully) owned by the poster. It was one thing before the horse was named, but the name of the horse should NEVER have been posted. As Robin said, how would you like someone to go to your website and ask other people to critique.

I'm sure not harm was intended, but consider how you would feel if someone did the same to you.

.... Why is Buckeroo the only horse out of 58 to determine this poor colt's fate as a breeding horse????

Robin-LKF
Well said, Robin. I too wondered when I saw the pedigree why Buckeroo was being singled out. Buckeroo is one of the first miniature horses I ever saw in person, and still one of the most beautiful.

And I find it disturbing that the horse in question would be critiqued here when it apparently is not (fully) owned by the poster. It was one thing before the horse was named, but the name of the horse should NEVER have been posted. As Robin said, how would you like someone to go to your website and ask other people to critique.

I'm sure not harm was intended, but consider how you would feel if someone did the same to you.
I've been in the studio directing VO all week, so I might have missed it- I didn't see any pictures posted or critques posted of the colt- did some posts get deleted and there was some nasty poo-flinging that I'm blissfully oblivious too? From the pedigree I'd expect it would be one heck of a nice colt, I'm a huge fan of the FAF program. (Sigh... one day, ONE day... I will have the budget to go shopping at FAF and Scott Creek. ;) )

I just got the ok to post pics of FALLEN ASH RENEGADE REBEL

so..............................

he is is

img177.gif
img178.gif
img179.gif

I can wait till I can bring him home

Latest posts

Back