Boone's Little Andy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hello all! I've heard of Boone's Little Andy but can't come up with a whole lot of information on him. Mainly just pictures and some of his foals and grand-get and so on. The reason I'm asking is there is a stallion that I found for sale and they aren't wanting a whole lot for him and he's listed as a Boone's Little Andy son (NOT listed on sale board or any other place that I know of). I didn't know if he was worth looking at and using to breed to my Buckeroo/Del's Cowboy bred mare and/or my Blue Boy bred filly. Any information on Boone's Little Andy, shows, pedigree, foals, anything of that sort, would be appreciated. It may help to deteremine if the son is worth looking at as well as some other deciding factors. Thanks!

Becky M.

Becky..... I have an Andy son. I am more than happy to share information with you that I've found out, drop me a note privately please.

I'm also interested to see what can be found here. My unborn foal will be an Andy grand?? (hoping daughter!)
default_wink.png

Hello all! I've heard of Boone's Little Andy but can't come up with a whole lot of information on him. Mainly just pictures and some of his foals and grand-get and so on. The reason I'm asking is there is a stallion that I found for sale and they aren't wanting a whole lot for him and he's listed as a Boone's Little Andy son (NOT listed on sale board or any other place that I know of). I didn't know if he was worth looking at and using to breed to my Buckeroo/Del's Cowboy bred mare and/or my Blue Boy bred filly. Any information on Boone's Little Andy, shows, pedigree, foals, anything of that sort, would be appreciated. It may help to deteremine if the son is worth looking at as well as some other deciding factors. Thanks!

Becky M.

Becky,

I have 2 Little Andy daughters and 2 granddaughters. Last year when I showed them, I had people that came up to me and identified them as Little Andy protogy just by their refined head and ears.

Sue

I first saw Andy when he was being used by Lucky Four Farms and fell in love with his gorgous head at the time. I saw many of his beautiful daughters who were characterized by their heads, too.

I read pedigrees for a sale, but can't remember right now which one, and topped the sale when he sold to Wallstreet Miniautres, who still own him as far as I know. If my memory serves me, I think he brought over $40,000.

We have an Andy grandson and granddaughter love them both and hope to add another couple this summer/fall to the herd..

I know someone who has a Son and he is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS
default_drool5.gif

He also Produces Outstanding get.
his get & grand get are gorgeous. My husband showed a granddaughter of Andy for a client & she was never beaten in Ontario. She was drop dead gorgeous. I would sure go to look at the son, if I were you. Let us all know what you think .

I would pursue it further if I were you. Of course this son may not be producing what the others are, but if you can see some of the foals and they look good, I'd say go for it!

My Andy daughter is one of my very favorites - sweet pretty little head, big eye. She has been a great producer for me too.

Jan

I have an Andy daughter that I just love! She is a wonderful broodmare and absolutely stunning IMO. I'd say go take a look at that son - what can it hurt? (Andy daughter is in my avatar.)

I have a half sister to Andy, she is awesome! Getting up there in age.

My Andy sons and daughters are HUGE assets to my breeding program. They are very consistent and add some of that "head" look to their babies....... I have pictures of several of my Andy bred grandget on my website.

Here is MVM Ragtime Cowboy, The greatgrandson of Boone's Little Andy.

cowboystanding7.jpg

cowboy1612.jpg

Thanks everyone! From the sounds of it I should go look at this stallion. I have seen a black and white pic of this stallion and he doesn't look to bad. From what the ad reads, he's 9 yrs old, 30/31", sorrel and AMHA reg. and has foals on the ground. He's only two hours from me which isn't bad and it wouldn't be hard to get to his location. My only probably is that I don't have the room at the moment and haven't really dealt to much with stallions. Thanks for the help and info. If anyone has pictures that they want to post of any of his get, g-get and so on I'd love to see them.

Becky M.

You asked for pictures! I have tons of my Andy daughter so here are a few favs. She will be 16 this year
default_wub.png
Last pic is her and her 2005 filly sired by one of Mr. Jandt's studs.

DollyLight.jpg

DollyPuck3.jpg

STA_0044.jpg

Dolly.jpg

Thanks for posting some pics. Rachel your mare is beautiful! I love the pic of her trotting, I bet she'd look good driving! Her high whites make it even better!

I'm not sure what I want to do. I really don't have the room for a stallion but his price is what's makes him a steal even more. I might have to call just to see if he's still available.

Thanks again for evenyone's help!

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back