Boone's Little Andy...Who Owns Him Now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsedude

Reaction score
I'm looking for the owner's of Boone's Little Andy. Every photo I have of him is poor quality, so would like to find some that are nice enough for my website, and would also like to know where he lives now and if his owners have a website. Thanks!

I have this pic of him..don't know if you already have it

booneslandy.jpg

As far as I know Richard and Jacque Mason of Wall Street Miniatures & Shetlands still owns him. They are located in Texas. Linda B

Wall Street Miniatures owns him now. But he was owned by Lucky Four and they might have some pictures of him.

I think Boones Little Andy is one of the greatest broodmare sires in the miniature horse industry. I have yet to see a daughter of his I didn't like and that didn't produce very well. I currently have two Andy grand daughters and both are out of wonderful dams.

We showed a granddaughter of Boones Little Andy last sumemr for a client. She was absolutley stunning & a real winner in the show ring as well. She will be bred this year -- to a BOB son & I can hardly wait to see the foal.

I have a couple of good ones of him but since we aren't supposed to post pictures of horses that don't belong to us I would rather you email your addy to me and then I will send them to you. Mary

I have a wonderful Andy daughter too who has herself been a great producer, giving us 5 nice fillies. Most of the Andy daughters I've seen I've liked.

darling,katie,regionals.jpg

redhotnroyal%20lizphoto5.jpg

These are both Andy granddaughters.....and full sisters!

Jan

I always understood that the objection was to posting photos of other people's horses FOR CRITIQUE (including "should I buy" or "should I breed to" questions)

There is nothing wrong with posting a previously published (including the internet) photo of a horse simply for reference. The owner has essentially placed the image in the public domain, and it is hard to object to the publicity an approved photo will bring. Of course, it is essential to credit the photographer and owner if at all possible. (If this were wrong, most farm websites would need to delete all of their reference sire photos).

On the other hand, I would never post a photo that I had taken of someone else's horse without their permission, especially if they are less than optimally presented.

Okay with Susanes advice I will post these of Andy. I always thought that the picture was owned by the person taking the picture and therefor a person would have to have their permission to use it. Live and learn!

horses001.jpg

Another...I think these pics had been used in one of the Journals but had been given to me when I bought a Andy grandaughter. A
BoonesLittleAndy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The copyright certainly remains with the photographer unless they have signed over copyright to someone else (typically the owner). But you are not trying to claim this as your photo or using it for financial gain, and the horse is correctly identified. This would fall more or less under educational purposes, or fair usage.

Those who have reference horses on their websites are actually in a more dangerous position, as the website is indeed being used to promote a business. However, it still is promoting the horse with a photo approved by the owner, so I doubt there would be objection.

Latest posts

Back