Boer Goats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrymini

Reaction score
Our cute newest addition, 2 day old Bonnie

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
How cute. I didn't realize Boers had floppy ears; I've always loved Nubians with their floppy ears, now I know of another floppy earred breed.

That little does is a real beauty! I used to raise Boers and found them to be very tame and excellent moms. In fact, they were far more patient with triplets than my Nubians!
default_whistling.gif
They milk well, also.

While I have eaten goat meat, it was NEVER one of mine. Haven't had any goats around for a few years now but have been looking to pick up a couple within next 6 mos or so. They are monderful pets and I never had weeds in my fields !!

Chemical free weed control.

Are you raising them to sell as meat?? I have a small pasture so full of clover, almost unfit for the horses.. Would they eat the clover??? Would it hurt them?
Not sure if they single out clover but the do go for the weeds. Having said that tho, we had really bad clover when we moved here and its no where near as bad now, which is good with horses around lol.

We did buy them for meat but we've only got a handful so not really enough to send off to the meatworks and if they keep this cuteness up I think we'll find it hard to try our own lol.

Two boys arrived this arvo. Was so unexpected, mum hadn't even bagged up!

Latest posts

Back