Boarding agreement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonloubri

Reaction score
Does any one have a copy of a boarding agreement they could let me have? Also, what do boarding fees run? This would be for a weaning to be boarded until the owners can get their barn built etc and be ready to take the weanling home.

I was recently reading a breeders web site and they provided board for the first 30 days without charge and then $3 per day after that. I thought that sounded pretty fair.

I board my mini at a partial care facility (they feed breakfast if you set it out) and it is $30 per month. That is for stall and turnout pen (I provided materials for both since it is really a full size horse facility). I pay $125. for the full size horse that is boarded there. We provide our own hay, shavings, feed, fill our own water buckets and we do all the handling of our horses. They only throw breakfast if it is set out.

Let us know what you decide to set the board as.

JewelsOK,

Thanks for your input. We told the buyer we would keep the colt till the end of Aug. After that we would start charging. We haven't figured up a definite price as yet. The price will include our doing everything. He will be stalled at night, turned out during the day. We will clean his stall, fill water buckets, furnish food & feed twice a day. Buyer will be responsible for medications, vet costs and farrier cost if any of these things come up. Trying to think of anything else we need to cover. That is way I was trying to find an agreement that someone might already have.

Latest posts

Back