Blue Eyes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you like blue eyes?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or

• no

• Total voters
Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. (sorry, couldn't help myself.)
unsure.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i still like brown eyes, and some blue eyes. eye color is not a very important feature to me. My blue roan stallion has blue eyes and his full sister has brown eyes. I think the brown eyes look larger. i adore both horses but if they both had brown eyes it would not bother me. Guess it does not matter either way to me.

jennifer
saludando.gif

I prefer to have BOTH eyes blue, not an only one situation....
no.gif
.....they look better on some colors than others. And I REALLY prefer them to have eyeliner.

biggrin.gif
picky me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not as crazy about blue eyes when they are rimmed with pink skin, like on a cremello. (I have one of these and it has taken awhile to grow on me!) But put blue eyes in a darker face, or with dark eyeliner and I'm all over it!
aktion033.gif

hummmmm let me think? DUH YES!! love them! I pay more for those blue eyes!

My yearling silver dapple pinto colt was born with beautiful sky blue eyes
aktion033.gif
, but they changed to brown when he was about 2months old.

I was going to post and ask about this happening but didn't.

Love blue eyes - have several blue eye horses. Have 3 white and sorrel paints mares and the way I tell them apart - one has 2 blue eyes - one has 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye - one has 2 brown eyes. Blue eyes add character.

Gotta love those baby blues. Have a silver dapple mare with blue eyes, her yearling colt has them also. And we have a little sorrel paint filly with a blaze whose eyes are crystal blue.

Yes,

I love
wub.gif
blue eyed horses. I have a solid black Falabella filly with blue eyes and a tovero pintaloosa with one bue eye and a half blue/ half brown eye.

[SIZE=21pt]Love those Blue eyes! [/SIZE]
yes.gif
wub.gif
yes.gif

Yeap..love those "Blue Eyes"

We have quite a few of those blue eyed overo's here. Those are my absolute favorite ones. Especially " Little Wee Lord of the Ring" , he has the most striking ice blue eyes that are spooky looking. Lordy has 2 mares bred for next years foals that are pinto's and we are axious for those since he did so well at the Nationals is halter and Multi-Color.

We also have one miniature horse coming from out west that has blue eyes to add to our show string for next years AMHR shows that we purchased while at the Nationals. Actually his nick name is "Blue Eyes" mmmm

aktion033.gif

I just bought a beautiful little mare with blue eyes and a wild colored pinto pattern, she arrives on Sunday!!

I love wild, funky color!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

However, it is funny what Rabbitfizz said because in Ireland this is considered a huge fault, wall eye! Pups were pts by breeders for having this feature??

My Dad saw a picture of my little mare and said "Why did you buy a horse with wall eyes?" I said "because I like it!!!!!!"
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I will post pics when she arrives!

LOVE blue eyes! My baby girl has one BRIGHT blue eye and one that I think is half

blue half PURPLE(!!) and her eyes are the first thing I noticed about her and that led me to buying! Please post pics I would love to see some other 'blueys'. And did someone say AMBER EYES!!? PLEEEESE post pics, I have never even HEARD of amber eyes in horses!

Thanks!

I do love blue eyes, but they are prettiest when they are surrounded by a dark marking.

I had a blue eyed bay blanket appaloosa for a while, and he sired a colt who had one blue eye, then when I sold him to a friend, he sired two foals for her w/blue eyes. One was a black filly w/the most startling bright blue eyes, and a bay colt w/the same stunning, deep blue eyes. They were pretty babies, and I often wonder where they ended up. Both had no markings other than the blue eyes.

I like blue eyes on people, too...my little sons have all three had the prettiest eyes, each a different shade.

Liz M.

wub.gif
I love to have a white mini with blue eyes, We have white rabbits with blue eyes.

Leslie

Freedom's dam Hope had sky blue eyes - they were the most beautiful blue like the blue on a clear summer day. Freedom did not inherit the blue eyes and I was hopeful she might as her sire would throw them but maybe, if I get back into mini breeding, she might have a blue eyed baby.
wub.gif

Have also seen the black horses with crystal blue eyes - breathtaking!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back