Blizzard of 2009 Southern Maryland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
20 inches of snow fell in Southern Maryland between 8pm Friday night and 6am Sunday morning. Nothing so far has melted - continues to ice over every night with cold temps - here are some views of White Tails blizzard - a new record in history of snowfall:

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-21.jpg
DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-20.jpg

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-19.jpg

Electro and Destiny didn't care much for it at first and stayed near their building:

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-18.jpg

Bailey said "you'll have to bring that hay in here cuz I'm not coming out!" Notice there are NO FOOTPRINTS from him! LOL

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-17.jpg

OC said he was an old pro at this stuff:

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-11.jpg

Better haul the non-4x4 vehicles to top of hill so we can get to work on Monday -

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-15.jpg

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-14.jpg

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-10.jpg

the babies made it to the top of the pasture and wore down the snow around the tree. OC kept an eye on them:

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-13.jpg

We never see the pond look like this!

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-8.jpg

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-22.jpg

Your pictures are stunning. I love the snow photos of your barn. Poor lil' Baily looks so sad...but it really looks nice and sunny at his little run-in. Didnt you guys pave your long driveway this year...I bet that will make it alot easier for plowing. Think of how many snow angels you can make out on your lawn!!

Merry White Christmas to you All !!

Yes we did pave the 1.5 mile road BUT ..... big BUT ..... it was that recycled asphalt so some spots are loose as it hasn't packed down everywhere - couldn't blade all the way down or we would have bladed/dug up the blacktop stuff too! LOL So, left a sheet of hardened mashed down ice on the road. Hubby had to pay more attention blading than usual or when we melt out we might not see any blacktop left. LOL

Feeww! Its amazeing how much snow we got. We only got about 10 in our area, but our friends more inland got 22-23 inchess of snow!

supposed to get 20" here tonight too! our horses are like OC-a PRO at the snow stuff!

The snow looks beautiful, but I think I'll stick with FL, its 73 here and we're in shorts. Our little guys are sweating with their winter woolies. Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Back