blinker hoods for miniatures - where to order

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
I have searched high and low for a place to order a blinker hood for my miniature. I did find one place and they said they could make one, but they never came through. I am hoping some here knows of a place to order one. LaSalle doesnt make them any smaller than hackney pony size and thats way too big
default_smile.png

Thanks

Julie

Well, I think SmoothEZ here on the forum makes roadster hoods but I don't believe they have actual blinker cups on them. Have you tried Lutke's, or asking LaSalle if they'd custom make one?

Leia

Leia - I did call LaSalle and they don't go any smaller than a hackney. I do want the cups on the hood. I am going to see if Radon, who does custom saddlebred/hackney hoods and sheets etc will make one small enough for a mini. I had forgotten about them. They make super quality sheets, blankets etc for our saddlbreds - I am hoping they may shrink it down a bit!!! Thank you for your help.

Julie

Leia - I did call LaSalle and they don't go any smaller than a hackney. I do want the cups on the hood. I am going to see if Radon, who does custom saddlebred/hackney hoods and sheets etc will make one small enough for a mini. I had forgotten about them. They make super quality sheets, blankets etc for our saddlbreds - I am hoping they may shrink it down a bit!!! Thank you for your help.

Julie

Bumping this up. Did you manage to get one from RaDon?

I want one because I am buying an open bridle for my horse to start him. As we progress to long lining, I would like to accustom him to wearing blinkers and eventually use it as part of the ground training before I have to invest in a work harness with a regular bridle.

We ended up getting our blinker hood through horsehoods.com

We ordered a size small and only need to adjust it down just a tiny bit. They can custom make you one as well if you send them your measurements. They were great to deal with and the hood was very well made.

Jen

normajeanbaker said:
We ended up getting our blinker hood through horsehoods.com

We ordered a size small and only need to adjust it down just a tiny bit. They can custom make you one as well if you send them your measurements. They were great to deal with and the hood was very well made.

Jen
Uw, nice link NormaJean! I'm going to bookmark that one for my marathon gear!

Leia

Latest posts

Back