Blankets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I am quite sure this has been asked before. But, I did a search and couldn't come up with what I was looking for, so I am going to to ask it again!
default_yes.gif

I need to get two winter blankets for my babies. They are 7 1/2 months and 5 months old, but they are basically the same size. I can measure them to figure out what size they need. But, I don't know where to look for the blankets. I don't want to spend a fortune on them, because they will only have them on when it gets down to single digits here, which hopefully won't be all that often! I just want to be prepared!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Try doublediamondtack.com There having a sale right now for $ 25.00

Hi Terri,

My daugther-in-law is making adorable foal blankets.

She is making them with a variety of prints and fleece lined on the inside. I have

already got my order in for a couple. They are too cute!
default_wub.png

I'm with you in getting ready for the early arrivals.

Janet

Keep an eye out on the saleboard here at Lilbeginnings as they normally from time to time have winter blankets offered for sale. Actually, i know of a lady here in Ohio that listed a winter blanket for sale a few weeks ago that i dont think sold (?) and its i believe a 34 or 36'' blanket (should fit a weanling) would be my guess.

Also, keep an eye on the LB Last chance auction
default_smile.png

Double Diamond is running a really nice sale right now too. I just started using Ebay and was searching around on that and they currently have a few winter miniature blankets for sale extremely cheap
default_smile.png

They're in a trunk in my sunroom / office, in another trunk in the shed, and in the trailer....... But that's probably not exactly what you meant!!! My horses have more clothes than I do just about but I rarely use them.

Personally, dollars to value, I really like those 2 for $50 blankets you can get from Double Diamond! They're really nice and I've got 10 or so of them (naturally, in purple). I also like the adjustable blankets from SStack.com and have at least a dozen of those. They're great if you don't know the size of who may eventually need a blanket.

Another thing I like in terms of sheets (LOVE these) are the adjustable sheets from SStack.com -- they are NICE (so nice!) and really inexpensive. They come in two adjustable miniature sizes. I would recommend purchasing the optional leg straps with them. These sheets are an awesome value and hold up very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they will get soaked when it's that cold, blankets are really not good to put on any mini. They have such great thick coats a blanket will only crush the loft in their hair and will make them colder, not warmer. Are they out with no shelter? If not, then let them go au naturale.

Mine hate their blankets and will do whatever it takes to extricate themselves from them. Save your money and buy a pair of good clippers or several sets of blades if you do for spring.
default_wink.png

Last edited:
I used www.kvvet.com

and the small fit my little yearling colt last year. These are the same blankets I've seen alot of on ebay but at a higher price.

They stood up well overall, a few days they were turned out in them but mostly in there stalls at night.

Polar Shield Water-proof Foal Turnout Blanket

Polar Shield Waterproof Poly Foal Turnout Blanket is designed without a back seam to prevent leaking. Made of 600 ripstop poly outer shell with waterproof 210 lining. Fleece wither protection. Crossed surcingles with elastic ends. Adjustable leg straps with elastic ends. Double buckle front. Shoulder gussets allow freedom of movement. Water resistant. Available in Small (36”-40”), Medium (42”-46”) or Large (48”-52”) in purple, burgundy, royal blue or hunter green.

Product Number: 91233

Price starting at: $27.95

And with an order over $50 shipping is FREE
default_wub.png
and they have lots of equine stuff
default_aktion033.gif

Sorry just went and looked, they appear to be the same that double diamond has

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and advice! I won't be putting blankets on them unless it is down in the single digits or even below zero, and then only at night. I know they can handle the cold, but I want to make sure I had blankets just in case. I would rather have them and never use them than need them and not have bought any!
default_biggrin.png

Anyway, thanks again for the help, this forum is always the friendliest and most helpful place to go with all my questions!
default_smile.png

Terri

Latest posts

Back