Blanketing suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Reaction score
I am in Texas so the weather has been pretty decent lately. I have our first show of the season next friday so I have to clip. Doing it today and using a #10 on his body. Lows have been and will be in the 60's the next couple of nights so he will be stalled with a sheet. however tuesday will have a low of 50 so he will be stalled and wearing his mid weight blanket. It's wednesday and thursday that are going to be the problem. We have a cold front coming through and lows will be in the low 40's at night. He will be stalled and I will be putting extra shavings in for him to bed down in. I am just wondering if he shoud be wearing his heavy winter blanket those nights or if I am being being overprotective and he will be ok in his mid wieght blanket? The tempatures will be going back up after those two days so he should be fine then. If it wasn't for the show i would not be clipping him just now.

If he is stalled, his mid-weight blanket will probably be fine. Check on him after the sun goes down, if he's shivering, then put on the heavy.

Latest posts

Back