Bitting Rig

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
Hi! I have needed a bitting rig for so long. I saw one on eBay. It's a nylon and it looks like a good one, but the thing that has me concerned is that it's Bidding for $9.99. Am I just being weird? Just it seems too cheap for what the pic shows. I looked at the website it came off of and they said that they don't have minis anymore so she's getting rid of it. So I guess my question is, should I go through with it ( if my parents say yes ) or gk to mini tack or something?

Is it a whole bitting rig or just the surcingle?

Is it a whole bitting rig or just the surcingle?

I did look at that on eBay. That's what we started out with. They don't work very well, since they don't have a crupper. They either turn around his belly when you try to steer, or start sliding up towards his neck. If you can attach a crupper somehow they work OK. I'd save my $$ and get and actual bitting rig.

I don’t know what the e-bay one is like, but I have the $35 nylon surcingle from Ozark Mtn and it serves me well for what I want from it.  I have used it mainly for long lining and have no problems with it turning or riding up toward the horse’s neck.  I use side reins once in awhile, and draw reins now & again, and it has worked fine for this purpose.   Of course I do not have the side reins adjusted short—I am not trying to force a head set—and I do generally use a crupper & sometimes breeching (since I am getting the horses prepared for wearing these things when they are actually driven)—it’s very easy to put a snap on a back strap & then takes just a second to clip on the crupper.

Midaslonglines.JPG

Latest posts

Back