Bittersweet Time for Just Fine Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jitterbug

Reaction score
Many of you may remember that Sting, Vermilyea Farms Corvettes Stinray, was diagnosed with multiple sight problems last spring and I was told to immediately stop jumping him - which I did. He would get so upset each time his stable mates left in the trailer without him one day I decided to see what he'd do if I asked him to jump again. You would have thought he had no problem at all. I sent him to Illinois to qualify for Nationals and Heather Powell showed him in Tulsa in Youth Hunter Under 13-17 and won the championship. A month later showing at World I could tell he was not himself and now two months later his sight is definitely deteriorating. Sting will now retire from the show world but will travel with his buddies to shows - he would go nuts if he were left at home by himself. For the last two years he gave me more joy than any BIG horse I have ever owned and he taught me the ropes so I could compete successfully in the miniature world. Yesterday I purchased Breanne Loesch's beautiful gelding, Abrias Copper Buckeroo. Cop will take Sting's place as my "A" & "R" Hunter but also compete in Halter, Halter Obstacle, Versatility and Country Pleasure driving. I will show him in Amateur and Kathryn Charles will show him in Youth 12 & Under.

Justine

Congrats on your new boy! I'm sure you will have lots of fun with him. That's so nice too that Sting gets to stay with you and still travel.
default_yes.gif

Its Breanne here are a few pics of your new boy that I just recieved. My greatest sympathies go out to you for your poor sting. He will still have a wonderful life.

Copdrivingworlds2.jpg

Breannworlds07magcop.jpg

Breanne

Thanks, Breanne !

Now I'll have a picture of Magic to hang in Cop's stall so he won't forget his old buddy !

OOPS !! I forgot YOU are in the picture too !!!

Justine

Justine,

I'm so sorry about Sting!
default_no.gif
But he's with you and you will always take care of him and he knows that.
default_wub.png

And congrats on your new boy!
default_aktion033.gif
He's beautiful!
default_drool5.gif

Justine --

I am sorry to hear about Sting, but it sounds like if he has to have this trouble, he is blessed to have it with you as his owner.

Congratulations on your new edition. I wish you many smiles and lots of ribbons with your new show boy
default_yes.gif

Jill

Congrats on your purchase Justine, he is beautiful!
default_wub.png

Sorry to hear about Sting, but he'll still love traveling with everyone
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new boy, Copper is a magnificent gelding and you will do very well with him. Breanne did absolutely amazing training him and she did amazing at Worlds this year with him, she is such a talented young lady. Sorry to hear about Sting, but i know you will give him the best life he could have.

I am so sorry to hear about your boy, but at least he is still with you and it looks like you have a very handsome new boy to work with!!

Congratulations on your new guy! He's cute! I'm glad that Sting has such a caring owner to recognize when it's time to stop.....and then give him a forever home.

What a beautiful new gelding. I am sure you will have many wonderful years ahead.

I am sorry to hear about Sting, but it sounds like you have some wonderful memories together. And he will definitely enjoy still being part of the show group.

Your new addition is beautiful! And I am sure just as Sting has excelled at everything else, he will excel as your new mascot.

I'm so sorry about Sting. He is an amazing hunter horse.
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your new horse!! I'm sure he'll be a lovely hunter too!

So sad to hear about Sting, he's such a good boy. But I'm sure this new horse will do you wonders!
default_smile.png

Aw, so sorry to hear about Sting, but glad he's got a good mom like you. I'm sure he will enjoy tagging along to the shows. Is there a class you can train him for that he doesn't need perfect vision for? Showmanship, maybe? In any event, I'm sure that you will have lots of fun with your new guy - he's gorgeous!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back