bit delima

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
Finding a bit should not be this hard! :no: I've checked pretty much every mini tack website and I still cannot find the bit I need. Is no one making a 4" french link eggbutt anymore? I had the local tack shop order me one because they said they could get it. Ok, no big deal, I done need it right away. Well, what did I get? A cut down version of a big horse french link with 4" rings.
default_frusty.gif
: This is the only bit that I have found that my horse loves. I've found other mini french links, but not 4". Does any body know where I can get a 4" one or is there another type of bit that will work as well? I've been looking at the Mylar bits, I like what I see, Ive played with a big horse one in the store and liked how it works. Any advice? I have read through an old post on Mylar vs. French link. I would like to find another french link, but if worse come to worse maybe an Mylar? Thank in advance, maybe now I can stop :ugh:

I had the same dilema - I found a 4" (Half Cheek French Link Smooth Mouth Copper Driving Bit) After searching high and low I found it on MiniExpress.com - only 1 problem, it is on backorder and you will have to wait about a month - I think it is worth the wait.......Hope this helps...

Does it have to be eggbutt? If it's for driving, a half-cheek would be more traditional. Sandee at Iowa Valley Carriage is working on a half cheek stainless steel French Link in 3.5, 3.75, and 4" but it won't be available until March at the soonest. I'll peek around, I know it seemed like I found French Links in eggbutt everywhere but no half cheek, which was what I was looking for. I'll let you know if I can find them again.

Leia

You Might try here to see if they have what your looking for! Silk Purse Farm

My Webpage

Good Luck

Bill

Leia, I would prefer an eggbutt since that's what he's been driven in. But Im open to try anything; even a diffrent style of bit. As long as it's similar to the frenchlink style. And in 4 inches.

Latest posts

Back