Binge Worthy TV Shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Larry and I love to re-watch "Bones" and "Numbers" on Netflix

I am so happy to find others who loved Six Feet Under! Actually the last episode has given me a great deal of peace in deciding how I want to be "disposed of" when I die. I originally said cremation just because the thought of embalming was gross, all those plugs in places plugs don't belong. It opened my eyes to green burial and that is what I have decided I want. There is a place not far from where I live where I can be buried in a shroud or basket in a natural setting that will become a nature preserve.

I got hooked on Downton Abbey, it is really good.

Love Amazon Prime for the shipping and for the free book borrow every month, they are really great books you get to borrow.

Drop dead diva is good. Wish they would get the last season on. The fosters is good as well.

I thought of another over the weekend , that I really enjoyed. I think its called "United states of Tara"

I think the first season won an Emmy or some big award. Unfortunately there is only three seasons.

Its about a lady who battles split personality disorder and how it impacts on her family.
default_smile.png

United States of Tara had hit my to-watch list, So i'm happy to read the endorsement!

Let me know what you think of it.
I wasn't sleepy and H wanted to sleep, so I thought I'd check out Drop Dead Diva on NetFlix. I'm about halfway through the first episode but had to come here to tell you I already *love* it!!! I'm happy there are so many seasons out. This is going to be a regular go-yo TV show for me
default_yes.gif
. Thank you for the recommendation
default_smile.png

For our joint go-to shows, H and I are on Californication and Trailer Park Boys. Yeah, not to brag, ha-ha! Excited to see the latest The Walking Dead this weekend. That is our all-time favorite
default_yes.gif

I also like how to get away with murder

We watched an episode of Supernatural last night, the pilot episode. I didn't really like it that much, but I think H did. I will try another episode because I know it's really popular. It turns out that H seems to like Drop Dead Diva, too! He's watched a couple episodes with me. I like that the intro, at least the first season, shows you what you need to know about the show for any episode to make sense incase you missed it up until that episode.

I remembered another show I'd dub binge worthy -- American Horror Story!

One show we might start too is Veronica Mars. I know that's got a lot of fans and one of the chick lit book series I'm into now keeps referring to that show in the latest book I'm reading (Rock Chick Regret).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of supernatural. I think they should have ended the series after season 5 because they are getting to old for their parts. Good show anyway.

I think I will like it better the next time especially if I'm not in the mood for a cartoon! It was H's choice
default_biggrin.png

I pulled this back up and read thru it again. I put some on our watch list, but that is huge and I'd forgotten about a few (Blacklist, United States of Tara...).

I have two really great additions. heck on Wheels (3 seasons now on Netflix) and Sons of Anarchy (6 seasons on Netflix). We've watched all of what Netflix has of heck on Wheels (amazingly good!) and the first season of Sons of Anarchy, which is also just really, really well done. These kinds of shows blow the socks off of most Hollywood or Indy movies these days!

I was so hooked on Lilyhammer it took me only a couple of days to blow through the latest season on Netflix. The only ongoing shows I have going on right now are Criminal Minds and Leverage. Time for me to get hooked on something else so I am exploring some of the recommendations found here. We were totally turned off by Sons of Anarchy, sorry, but it was unanimous. My husband watches a lot of Leave it to Beaver and Rockford Files and while they do roust up a few giggles from me I do need something to keep me a bit more interested. I watched 30 Rock for a while but soon was ready to drop it. I hope Scandal comes back, as it had me hooked. Same goes for Boss, Madmen, Revenge, Jericho, Copper, Damages, and House of Cards. Bones and One Tree Hill are a couple that I watched almost daily until I completed all episodes. Just finished the ten episodes of Marco Polo and enjoyed it but must warn you that it is for mature audiences. I was really into Orange Is The New Black until like Sons of Anarchy there came a point of being turned off to the point of turning it off. I read good reviews about Peaky Binders...has anyone checked it out?

We can't get cable and don't have dish so we only get local programming here. Blacklist was one we both enjoyed. Hubby's weekly too is Survivor when it's on. We both like Amazing Race. He got into The Voice with me again this season-we both get such a kick out of Blake Shelton and Adam Levine's smacks to each other! And the other judges are fun too. I like shows like The Taste and Master Chef and Jr. Master Chef. H sometimes watches Hells Kitchen (I like Food shows). We tend to watch a lot of the reality shows like that. Some others are Who's Line is It Anyway, the game show Wheel of Fortune, and H likes the old MASH reruns. He also has to have his weekly Shark attack (LOL).

Netflix is launched here in Oz next month, so ill be checking this thread out to see what TV series ill be getting stuck in to
default_smile.png

Back