Biggies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww, thanks. I wasn't in the market for a horse when I first saw her. She was probably about a year old and a friend of mine had brought her back from a Wisconsin auction to resell. I definitely wasn't looking for a young horse, but I just had to have her when I saw her. She has turned out great. Here is one of my favorite photos of her. Her first time in blinders.
blinkers.jpg
[SIZE=12pt]Wow, she looks good between the blinders!
default_wink.png
I can see why she's one of those horses you just gotta have.
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

& Christy, Pepper is a real cutie pie.
default_cheekkiss.gif
He looks very good at his job.
default_wink.png

Here's a link to the newest video I put on Utube of "Beau" - [SIZE=10pt]
[/SIZE]

he has his own blog now, too... [SIZE=10pt]"Beau's Blog"[/SIZE]

I have 4 Mares (we've cut WAY down, much to Beau's disgust...)

We have Sarri, the dam of Beau's National Top Ten mare.... we also have Nana, an Icelandic mare, and then we have a Buckskin 1/2 Arab Beau daughter and an Amber Champagne 7/8ths Arab granddaughter of Beau (a daughter of Khalvin Khlein KpM who is in Germany!)

Then we have a bunch of boarders and the annual visits from outside mares as well.

I have 1 biggie left in my ownership. I have him leased out right now,but have owned him since 1996. He is that "once in a lifetime" riding horse for me. He is still the only Saddlebred in New England to qualify for both the NEHC Saddle Seat Medal Finals & the NEHC Stock Seat Medal Finals in the same year. Infact, I think we did it at the same show. When we retired him, the mission was on to find something to take his place. I went through a few, and although each one was very nice, it just wasn't "Fox". My interest then turned to my Mini's and I've been into Mini's and out of the biggies ever since. However, this guy will be in my ownership forever. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to purchase him and will never find another one quite like him
default_wub.png
~Jen~

Street Fox Discovery "Fox"- 1988 American Saddlebred gelding

fox1-342x223.jpg

foxhead.jpg

foxinhorseillistrated.jpg

here's my biggie with his little mini clone. tuffy is 27, found him shortly after he was gelded at age 5. i don't ride much at all, he's pretty much an ornament.
default_smile.png

TuffyReb10.jpg

another view...

matchingbutts-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
here's my biggie with his little mini clone. tuffy is 27, found him shortly after he was gelded at age 5. i don't ride much at all, he's pretty much an ornament.
default_smile.png

TuffyReb10.jpg

another view...

matchingbutts-1.jpg
Charlene they look like two peas in a pod
default_wub.png
I love your "biggie's" eyes. Those blues are killer
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

I no longer have my biggie, but here is a couple pictures of her from when I did own her. This was my pretty baby, Cheyanne. And the last picture is one of her with her (totally unexpected to us!) colt from 2007.

p23203034.jpg

2809688450063833018LjtLQd_fs.jpg

p35777378.jpg

Right now we have 9 biggies. 4 of them are for sale though.

Here's my daughter's Appaloosa "Buns of Brass" or Bob as we call him.

834622fa.jpg

Here's my coming 2 year old reg. Appaloosa colt Billy. This picture was taken last spring.

75654f9b.jpg

Here's my Tennessee Walker, Cherry.

cherry.jpg

And here's my two Missouri Fox Trotters

beth_and_lady.jpg

Here's a little Quarter Horse filly, one of my rescues from last spring.

QH_Filly_.jpg

And here's my other rescue mare. Her name is Kia, and we're keeping her.

Kia_2.jpg

Here are some of my big ones, I don't have pictures of all of them.

This is Chivato Toast, a daughter of Dash to Chivato (by First Down Dash). She is still racing, and has won a couple stakes, and over 20k on the track. She will be bred to Count Corona next month.

chivato.jpg

This is my wifes Paint a son of Judy's Lineage and racing APHA. He won a couple Paint Futurities in Montana.

Ty1.jpg

I have a son of Skirt Chasin Alibi (owned by the Double Bar S Ranch).

As you can see we like our race horses.

This is Anoki. He's a PMU foal, so I don't really know what he is. I do know his sire was a Percheron cross and his dam was a TB cross. He's 10 years old this year, and I've had him for 6 years now. He was started as an Eventing horse, but he has been doing Dressage since I got him (and is quite talented at it too).

These were taken a few years ago...don't have any really recent shots of him

anoki06.jpg

DSC_3115.jpg

anoki306.jpg

anokiface.jpg

~kathryn

This is Graffix, the last of our big guys......he was born on the 4th of July and is now 13.

He's 3/4 Arab & 1/4 QH - We bought him as a 2+ year old. He has such a wonderful mind.

This is Graffe with Zena, on the day she turned 3 months old. They seem to love each other.

He watched her over the stall wall be born and maybe? for that reason have a real bond.

ZenaGraffix8-15-04.jpg

f538d0db.jpg

NancyGraffix.jpg

Here is my "Biggie" and boy is she ever a stout girl! LOL ZANSREBELGIRL is my beautiful BUCKSKIN AQHA registered 2002 mare. What a sweet heart this girl is I love her to death! Took these first 2 photos of her today actaully its a whole whooping 10 degrees
default_wacko.png

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

also got some videos of her "playing"

Rebel Looking like a mini at liberty

BOY DO I WISH I COULD SHRINK HER MINI SIZE, I THINK SHE WOULD CLEAN HOUSE AT LIBERTY!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Here's mine
default_smile.png

Braveheart W, my crazy 4 (er, 5 with the new year?) y/o Arabian gelding

braveheart4.jpg

CheyAuts Starlit Firefly, aka Calista, my 3 (er, 4) y/o Arabian Pony mare

calista1512-2-8.jpg

calistashow612-7-8.jpg

Cheyenne Autumn, my first horse, horsey soul mate, the reason behind my farm name... my wonderful 1990 TB gelding

cheyjump81-1-9.jpg

cheyshow7112-7-8.jpg

Golebica, aka Spring, Arabian mare who I have for sale

spring812-2-8.jpg

Impulsive Decision, aka Pulse, old lame rescue gelding

impulse10-7-8.jpg

Renaissance, 28 y/o TB gelding

rentrot312-21-7.jpg

Imagine That, aka Summer, 7 or 8 (forget) y/o haflinger/welsh cob mare

summertrot2.9277.jpg

And my girl who crossed the rainbow bridge last Nov at only 3 years *cries* Radiance

radiance4610-7-8.jpg

I love everybodys big horses! I'd say we are all so lucky, aren't we?? Here's my girl. APHA, DD Sanmans Painted Jewl. She will be 8 this year. She has a one of a kind personality! I never understood the description, "in your pocket" until I met her. She is SUCH A SWEETIE!! I call her "Beauty", because everything about her is beautiful! I bought her from "Shelly" on this forum!

Beauty-1.jpg

BEAUTY.jpg

DSC00881-1.jpg

Here are my larger three lined up nicely for me. Sierra is my 14 hand Haflinger mare, Navigator, my daughter's 14.3 hand Arabian gelding, is in the middle and Aero, my husband's 15.1 hand Arabian gelding is behind everyone but he is in the lead. Just where he likes to be.
default_smile.png

picasabackground.jpg

Here my first small equine, Kaia (aka Kya) meets two of her new herd mates, Gator and Sierra

IMG_0397.jpg

My two Girls! Both six years old.

IMG_0420.jpg

Banner and Gator working things out during their first turn out together.

IMG_0524.jpg

Here's my "big" guy. Cherokee is a Registered Bay Leopard POA....right around 14 hands. He is coming 5 & has never been broke to ride. I just got him last fall, so he will be my summer project. He is a real sweetheart, and very easy going...laid back. So I don't "think" he'll be hard to train to ride.

Since I just got him a few months ago.....I have no really good "clean" photos of him, so these will have to do.

NOTE: these were all taken the week I brought him home, and his hooves needed trimmed....BADLY! They have since been done & look soooooo much better.

CherokeeWillow30001.JPG

CherokeeDona10001.JPG

CherokeeTrot0001.JPG

CherokeeMeetsTheMinis0001.JPG

CherokeeRightBack1.jpg

338294179.jpg

338294188.jpg

I think I've posted her before....Wonderbuck, My TWH mare. First photo is with her previous trainer.

Latest posts

Back