Better Late Than Never

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethel

Reaction score
My first filly Bethel Abby Champagne of Ms, a champagne , was born on April 19..She had quite a start as she was shot under the door in the hallway; and Mama was in the stall.. I was at the house and when I came to the barn, there was quite a commotion!!!Mama in the stall, Abby in the hallway, and 5 more pregnant mares across the gates trying to claim the new filly. If I had been 5 minutes later, it could have been a bad situation..Plus this was when we had temps in the 20s..Abby was shivering and even with 2 blankets, could not get warm.. Believe this or Not.. I got my blankets laid on the stall floor with Abby on my arm, covered up our heads and I breathed on her for over an hour... Mama wa very thankful and did not bother me at all.. After getting warm and her belly full.. She is the most energetic of the five, will kick anybody or anything... She is the favorite of the grandkids..Her she is with my 12 year old granddaughter,Brooke, I think they are sharing secrets(LOL)!! :aktion033: Her dam is Flying W Farms Belle of the Ball and her sire Owsley Forks M and Ms(My gold pinto champagne champion halter, color and driving stallion.
mom6.jpg

The second Champagne filly was born April 24.. Mama did not read the book about a textbook delivery. Honestly, she just fell on the ground and out Bethel Charmed Champagne Of MS popped out..She was still in the vale.. I had my 2 twin .12 year old granddaughters to watch the birth pics..Absolutely told them, if they found a baby in the sac, to tear it away.. Brooke was with me and stood looking at me as I tore the sac away...She said "Mammaw, she didn't do stages"(lol) Am thankful, that we were there.. Dam is Bethel Classy Lassy, a true flea bite grey and Sire is same as Abby. BTW what color does a flea bit grey and gold pint champagne make a brown(sable champagne
foal3-b.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/bethel/new200...ize/foal3-b.jpg

Jeannie, that pic of your granddaughter "sharing secrets" is just so adorable!
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: Congrats on all your beautiful babies!
default_wub.png
:

They are both adorable, congratulations!!!!

How pretty they are!!! Glad u found that baby in time :aktion033: Congrats
default_yes.gif
:

"Congratulations!" on 2 beautiful babies! Sounds like both babies are so fortunate that you were there.

Love the picture of Brooke, sharing secrets!

Beautiful foals, Congratulations :aktion033: Joyce

Latest posts

Back