Best Breeding Book

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Is there a particularly good book or video that you find your self often refering to. Which ones and why. Im talking about the actual birth ( not stud book ) One that covers healthy easy deliveries and things like red bag...or other undersirable senarios.

Also has any one ever seen a book or web site that shows ( decent pictures ) of types of hay or grass. I am trying to learn to identify alfalfa, timothy etc.. Im embarassed to say that I can not always identify what Im looking at ..I just go by the feed store persons word and if it feels or smells like something I want my horses to eat.

And while I have your attention...I would like to congratulate everyone on their new babies and let you all know how much I enjoy looking at all their pictures and your reading your baby stories. It breaks my heart when I read that some births dont have a happy outcome and some little ones dont always make and then others beat all odds and are little "Troopers " but with all of you sharing your stories... we all learn something. Thank you!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Small horse press has a foaling book that comes with a video. I think its called the complete foaling handbooK?? www.smallhorse.com

Kay

The book that I absolutely love is the “Breeding Management & Foal Development” by Equine Research. It covers everything from breeding farm layout, breeding practices, nutrition, foaling, dystocia, foaling and care of the foal through the first year. This book is geared towards full size horses but is easily applied to equine of any size.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back