Best and Worst of AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivinghoss

Reaction score
Here are my best and worst of this years Nationals.

Best Number of horses ...this show gets bigger every year, every division is growing.

Worst..Number of horses in some classes. Some of the driving classes needed to be split smaller...it was not fair for all competitors ..People pay a lot of money to get to the show and all deserve to be seen.

Best The camaradiere amongst the competitors.

Best Everyone helping each other.

Best Horses were presented very well by all competitors...youth, Amateurs and Professionals.

Worst ...The showing after midnight. The schedule must be fixed.

Thats all for now.

Tell everyone what you think.

Oh and the horses

I thought that the western horses looked a lot better this year.

My favorite horses were. the Grand champion mare of McCarthy's, Phantom Storm was awesome.

I wasn't there, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, but I wondered why spit classes weren't tied?

In other breeds I would have expected a class of 50 or 60 to have 2 or 3 splits. Each one would have been tied and then each that placed would have been eligible to come back for a championship later in the week or the normal championship on stake night.

I agree that exhibiting once and then waiting an hour to exhibit again, or having to go twice back to back isn't a perfect situation for any one.

Dr Taylor

Best...

All the hitches! Teams, one tandom, beautiful buggies, would love to see this grow!

and....the chariot classes...what fun!!

Worst...huge driving classes with seems like a lot of confusion about what type horse should be in what class...and Dr. Taylor, some classes had 4 splits!! SO early splits got to rest while the later split had to work twice back to back....I like your idea!!

Best...

All the hitches! Teams, one tandom, beautiful buggies, would love to see this grow!

and....the chariot classes...what fun!!

Worst...huge driving classes with seems like a lot of confusion about what type horse should be in what class...and Dr. Taylor, some classes had 4 splits!! SO early splits got to rest while the later split had to work twice back to back....I like your idea!!
I agree.

Gotta say, the Chariot Classes look pretty cool. I would consider trying that some day.

Dr Taylor

Best - the PEOPLE and quality of horses.

I so agree with needing more split classes. I understand that they were running late and maybe that's why my CP class of 38 wasn't split, but reallY????????

Absolutely need to train the ring people to direct drivers to reverse ON THE DIAGONAL! There is no reason to do the teardrop when there is more than 10 in a class. Especially in the Roadster classes where they are on the trot. I watched 10 roadsters trying to spin in the same part of the arena and it's only by God's grace and luck of the drivers that there wasn't a huge accident.

Another worst - having my truck broke into at the Expo Inn the first night we were there. Then on the morning we left we got gas north of Tulsa, and the on ramp isn't where the off ramp is, so had to turn around in a parking lot of a church. The chuch rent-a-cop came over and cussed us out for turning around. Talk about a Christian
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png
. So we got a "Welcome to Tulsa and thanks for coming"

First time going to show so was really excited....learned a lot so that was great and met lots of new people. We stalled with people who do a lot of the hitch classes which was really neat. Also my bf was the header to the team that won National champ team Chariot and now I think he is hooked lol. I have several I want to bring next year and will make sure they are ready
default_smile.png
The only minus was why oh why must they play the liberty music at 2 am in the barns...I understand class calls but was the liberty music really necessary??? They do know people sleep in the stalls right?

Totally agree with the barns needing to be quiet at night. And it would be nice if the lights were shut off so the horses could sleep....my horse has slept a lot since she got home.

Totally agree with the barns needing to be quiet at night. And it would be nice if the lights were shut off so the horses could sleep....my horse has slept a lot since she got home.

I agree with that as well...my horse is very quiet and unused to having lights on and the noice....He just about fell asleep in his class and slept a lot as well when he got home

When we slept in the barns I agree I hated the lights on 24/7 but it's a security issue and I don't think I would ever want to see them turn them off.

Put tarps over the top of the stalls and some down the front at night so it'll be a little darker for them.

Can't they turn off the speakers into the barns during liberty? Wow
default_sad.png

The only minus was why oh why must they play the liberty music at 2 am in the barns...I understand class calls but was the liberty music really necessary??? They do know people sleep in the stalls right?
THAT drove me CRAZY! I do stay in my stalls and there is nothing like dozing off to be jerked awake by some crazy music (old fart talking here)...
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back