Before and Afters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normajeanbaker

Reaction score
Last August I had an empty stall and decided I wanted a gelding or colt to add to my show string. I already had an under mare, over mare and driving mare. So, it was time to add in a colt or stallion so I could do more then the Mare classes. The breeder we bought our very first Mini from comes to Maine every year and does some Fairs up here with her sale horses. We went and looked at what she had at one of the Fairs last August. The only thing that really caught my eye were the fillies. But, I wasnt looking for a filly. After spending a few hours looking at the colts, I opted to take a chance on a 2008 colt who I thought for the price could make an fun project. I loved his eyes and every so often, he'd give a look and you could tell there was something there. So, I decided to take a chance. He got his first quick head/neck clip today and am I ever glad I took that chance on the scraggly colt who "might make a fun project". He is my Yearling Gelding, Under entry for this year, however, I cant say I'd cry any if the vet cant come and geld him for some reason on his 4/20 appointment
default_wub.png

Here is "Rudy" when we first got him the day I picked him out(he isnt cowhocked like the pictures tend to make you think. He was all hunched up and cold). I have more I'll add later, but they are on my old computer hard drive that crashed and I havent had time to get all my photos off it.

100_1147.jpg

Pictures taken today after a winter of being a colt and eating like a colt should. Not sure what color he wants to be. His sire is buckskin. Dam is gray. He was born a buckskin, and still has gold buttcheeks and muzzle. I figure it'll take a few good clippings before his "real" color comes out.

100_3529.jpg

100_3531.jpg

100_3530.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Jen

Awww what a pretty alert face! Glad you took a chance on him too!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time showing him!

Wholly Crapola! he is so cute! Love his big expressive eye! You did wonderful in picking him out! Congrats!

Ohhhh LA LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a pretty boy you have there.

Wow! What a pretty boy. His eyes really get you, the really stand out. Pretty head on him too! I think you made a good choice.
default_wink.png

I have to admit the first thing that got my attention in your story was "I have an empty stall" Holy Cow what a gold mine that would be around here
default_biggrin.png

Your new boy is very pretty, I love his head shot!

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Boy oh boy Jen did you ever hit the jackpot on that lil fella!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Thanks for everyone kind words. I have to say, it was his eyes that got me when I saw him. I actually bought him as a performance prospect, but am thrilled with how he's looking, so we'll try our luck with halter too until he's ready to step into the performance ring
default_smile.png
He's really closely related to a gelding who shows up here who I love the temperment on, so that was another reason I leaned towards him as a hopefuly performance prospect. However, he didnt turn out anything like his half brother at all as far temperment goes, so that idea didnt go far
default_wink.png
But, he's very sensible and loves to learn, but is 100% show horse in the attitude department(which I love!)....looking forward to seeing how he finally ends up maturing out.

Thanks for all the kind compliments!

Jen

default_new_shocked.gif
WOW! One would of never of guessed! WOW! Love his head and EYES!!!!!! Love his expression! Such a different horse! He's very very pretty!! Very nice!!
default_wub.png
He still looks buckskin to me!!

Latest posts

Back