Barn Tour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm just SO darn proud of my barn. I designed it myself and have worked SO hard on it. I finally got some photos of the barn interior, tho' due to the quickly fading sunlight by the time I got home there is a terrible green cast from the light in the doe stall. The light really isn't green. I guess it just photographs green.

Barn Plans (or......your tour map for this trip....LOL) The yellow shaded area is where the loft is......and the dog areas at the end? They're not done yet.....they'll be indoor/outdoor kennels for when we go somewhere.....it'll be easier for help to feed/care for the dogs seperately):

126047811.jpg

North Facing wall from East doors. The metal gate to the right is what I use in the summer.....the doors stay open and this gate closes for additional ventilation. There is another gate at the other end for the 5' sliding door.:

126037344.jpg

Starting from the far end of the North Wall is the Poultry coop. The photo shows only about half of the coop but does show the rear drop out nests (we can get eggs from the outside aisle on the end without going in the coop.....that is when the hens cooperate and lay in the nests.....):

126037351.jpg

Next is the Feed Room.....nothing exciting here (these are the bins I want to replace tho')...there is more feed inside to the right of the door (where I put my alfalfa pellets):

126037347.jpg

Now in to the Milk/Tack room.....view from the door (pony tack is along the wall to the left....obviously out of the camera's view) The boxes in front of the door (that leads outside) are the milk machine I've STILL not unpacked):

126037348.jpg

Inside the Milk/Tackroom looking from just inside the door (there will eventually be a double milk stand......eventually) The red lockers are where the sink will be and there'll be cabinets along the wall in front of the milkstand.:

126037349.jpg

View standing next to fridge.......my semen tank normally sits next to the white cabinet.....it was at work being filled tho':

126037350.jpg

Okay, now on to the other side.....the SouthWall:

126037338.jpg

Starting at the far end (West) are three stalls......two are empty (waiting for kids) and the third is the young does). Each stall has a sliding door to the outside. This is the stall where the young does are (you can tell on the walls where they like to put their feet to peek over to the aislway.......punks):

126037337.jpg

126037343.jpg

And my new doe wall from the outside door (I didn't think to take a photo from INSIDE the stall......duh). The doe wall STILL needs feeders built, the opening raised and a door made (the metal gate is temporary):

126037339.jpg

Oh yeah........this is the inside of the barn in February 2004 (note the dog kennel on the left that we used for the does to come in to the barn during the building process)......wow, has it really taken usTHAT long?

126044751.jpg

OK I love it.....especially that feed wall .....I am curious do you pull all your kids? I didn't notice any individual areas for newborns and mothers?...I love the layout of the big stall I am going to show hubby as we haven't built stalls yet and are planning to this year (uh huh sure we are
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) I need a sheep lambing area and then the ability to jug moms and newborns for about 48 hr's to bond.........a tack/feed/milking/doctoring area would be a dream.........how big is your barn?

Thanks for the tour!!! Where are the horse stalls? One thing that caught my interest and I love is your egg basket atop your fridge!! :aktion033:

OK I love it.....especially that feed wall .....I am curious do you pull all your kids? I didn't notice any individual areas for newborns and mothers?...I love the layout of the big stall I am going to show hubby as we haven't built stalls yet and are planning to this year (uh huh sure we are
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) I need a sheep lambing area and then the ability to jug moms and newborns for about 48 hr's to bond.........a tack/feed/milking/doctoring area would be a dream.........how big is your barn?
We raise all our kids on CAE prevention so we arrange to be at all the births. Kids are pulled at birth and lambar raised on Pasturized milk. The middle two stalls (the two 7'x13' stalls) are for the kids......one for the boys and one for the girls.

The entire barn is 36' x 48' and is 12' high at the rafters.

Thanks for the tour!!! Where are the horse stalls? One thing that caught my interest and I love is your egg basket atop your fridge!! :aktion033:
We only have a single pony right now. She currently claims the old shed as her run-in (she doesn't much like being stalled). Once we have our "doe wall" completed with the feeders set up properly she'll be able to come in to the doe stall. Right now she can't because we can't have her eating the alfalfa pellets (don't need a foundered pony) because by getting her head juuuuuuust riiiiiight she can get in to the goat feeders. The goats spend a lot of their daytime hanging out in the shed with "Peigh" munching on grass hay. She's like our livestock "guardian".
default_yes.gif
:

Very nice barn!! :aktion033:

We used to have Goats too when my boys showed 4-H. We had Nubians and a couple of Saanans.
default_smile.png

What a beautiful barn. My chickens/goats/horses all are in different buildings and it's a real pain. I'd love to have a huge barn like that set up the way you've done. Great job, thanks for the tour!

Your barn is Beautiful -- wonderfully constructed and well planned -- you SHOULD be VERY VERY PROUD of it!

Congratulations!

JJay

You did a Beautiful Job!!!! Very, very nice Barn!!!

And the occupants seem to love it too!
default_wink.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Neat l just love seeing the insides of peoples barns you did a great job.

Ok well I"m the one that is stupid here of course: Milk room? Semen room? Woman, what do you do exactly?????? I am assuming you are in the goat business????

Anyhow, I enjoyed the tour.

I really love looking at the insides of people's barns. I'm so nosey I am shameful.

I love the way everything looks so very cozy and you must have some very happy animals.
default_yes.gif
:

Ok well I"m the one that is stupid here of course: Milk room? Semen room? Woman, what do you do exactly?????? I am assuming you are in the goat business????

Anyhow, I enjoyed the tour.

I really love looking at the insides of people's barns. I'm so nosey I am shameful.

I love the way everything looks so very cozy and you must have some very happy animals.
default_yes.gif
:

Silly girl........we raise Dairy Goats. Of course unlike stallions male goats STINK so having more than one of them around is just not in the plans so we use a lot of frozen semen.....hence the semen tank. Actually it's one thing in the barn that I'm REALLY protective of. There's a lot of $$$ in that tank and a lot of irreplaceable semen.

Latest posts

Back