Barn Cam Is Up!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck! I'll keep an eye on her.

Try as I might, I've not had any luck getting a cam online.
default_sad.png

It took us awhile to get this working. My dad had to re-work the hard drive or something and it took a few days. Then we couldn't get an internet connection to reach the barn(it was too weak) so we had to go buy a bigger entena.

Then we e-mailed the people who own the host site(I believe they're Mulligan Run) and they helped us get everything up. And they also would like to help get the foal registered since Lucy's papers are revoked right now and we need to find out who the stallion is...

Thank you for looking!

I just watched you checking on/loving on Lucy! She looks like a sweetheart! Is she due sometime soon?

Charlotte

I just watched you checking on/loving on Lucy! She looks like a sweetheart! Is she due sometime soon?

Charlotte
We don't know when she's due...She's one of the 8 pregnant mares from the Mass. mini horse abuse case(the one PETA is trying to do something with..I think I read the thread right). So we're unsure. In November she was ultra sounded(external) and the vet figured she was 7 months then...so she's like 10 months now...So we should be close.

She started bagging up earlier this week for real this time and it seems to get a bit bigger every day and she seems to get wider! LOL

Just to clarify -- PETA isn't "involved" in the Mass. rescue case. They saw an opportunity to get their name out in the newspaper (something they are good at doing!) and took advantage of it. None of the people involved in the rescue solicited their help.

This case has garnered quite a bit of media attention, so PETA took advantage of the situation, called the newspaper to claim involvement, and showed up in court.

That's PETA's involvement.

I applaude you that you rescued this mare and are giving her the kind of loving and attentive home she deserves!

Good luck foaling her and please post photos of her and the baby!!!!

Just to clarify -- PETA isn't "involved" in the Mass. rescue case. They saw an opportunity to get their name out in the newspaper (something they are good at doing!) and took advantage of it. None of the people involved in the rescue solicited their help.

This case has garnered quite a bit of media attention, so PETA took advantage of the situation, called the newspaper to claim involvement, and showed up in court.

That's PETA's involvement.

I applaude you that you rescued this mare and are giving her the kind of loving and attentive home she deserves!

Good luck foaling her and please post photos of her and the baby!!!!
Oh...so they just want to LOOK like they're doing something...Ok...I guess I read the other thread wrong. Thanks for the clatification.

I'll be watching whever I'm on and I'm on a lot during the day
default_yes.gif
:

Maxine (PS I will call you if I see anything if you put up a phone number.)

I'll be watching whever I'm on and I'm on a lot during the day
default_yes.gif
:

Maxine (PS I will call you if I see anything if you put up a phone number.)
I'm going to have my mom contact them to see if they can put our numbers on their. And I'm still finishing up my site for her and I'll be putting the numbers on there too. Thank you for your help!! :bgrin

I have put our phone numbers on my website in red on the first page. We will be contacting the host site to get our numbers on the cam window too. Right now the cam isn't working for some reason or another...

The website I put up is pretty much up to date with Lucy on "Lucy's Blog" page...It includes pictures!!

I have a question about your barn is it metal? Such good clarity from your cam.

I have a question about your barn is it metal? Such good clarity from your cam.
Nope, not metal. All wood. 2 stalls are 10X12 and the middle stall is 14X12(was suppose to be my big mare's foaling stall). We lose the clarity when it gets dark though so we're putting on another light to shine into the stall to see if it helps.

I want to share something about Lucy's Cam......We have ALOT of cams on Mare Stare and Lucy's is one of the clearest cams we're hosting....and it was one of the least expensive.

We never know how a feed is going to turn out online, but this one is exceptionally clear. I'm glad you gave this cam a try because it makes it so much more cost effective for everyone.

And by the way, your mare is beautiful....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thank you all for checking in on her. I think it's so fun to be able to watch her...in my warm house LOL But jeez....she makes such a mess of her hay...haha

During the day Lucy can come and go from her stall as she pleases. She and Fiona chat by the gate all day ans they much a little hay.

We're trying a baby monitor tonight or tomorrow so that we can hear her if/when she gets restless when she starts her labor. Might be too staticy but we'll give it a whirl. Right now we can even hear her chew and I really don't want to listen to that all night!

Latest posts

Back