Bailey...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
It was a nice warm day yesterday but I ran out of time to give Bailey his 1st bath with me. Today is a little cooler so I thought I would try something I had heard of here on the forum.

I got the old vacuum out of the garden shed and let Bailey sniff it. As with most things, it didn't bother him. I then turned it on, very low setting and he seemed even more interested in it. He had his head right over the vacuum and was biting into the hose.

I thought, oh well, here we go, I'll give it a try. He's only 4 and a half months old so I really expected some trouble.

I held the hose against his meaty little bum and he LOVED it! He didn't even move! I vacuumed his entire body and he looked great! Got out all that dust etc. :new_shocked:

100_0004.jpg

I rewarded him with treats which was actually just a handful of his own dinner but he thinks it great when I give it him straight from the bin it's kept in!!
default_wacko.png
:

I then let him go back outside. I decided to vacuum the stable out ( i know, I'm over the top) and he came back for more!! I couldn't even vacuum the floor.

I guess he likes it!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one lucky lil fellow. I can feel the love all the way over here.

Omg that is to funny!!What a sweety for being so good. Love your barn!!!Could we see more pictures of it?

Maplegum, I gotta thank you for posting about vacuuming Bailey.

I've been thinking about it since I read it, but just knew there was absolutely no way, no how, my horses would stand still for something like that. But it was a beautiful day and the minis were hanging around in the barn lot so I took the shop vac out. They were quite curious about it and I thought "ok, so far so good, but just wait til I turn it on". None of them so much as flinched at the noise. They were neither haltered nor tied, but they all stood right there checking things out and pestering me. By the time I quit (notice I didn't say "got done") they were fighting to see who would get the attention. My mare (who is the least aggressive one of them) laid her ears back and bit the others when they got too close. At one point the vacuum stopped working and I looked up and one of them had turned it off. :eek:

Now I know when I do it again, I need to work with them one at a time. Anyway, it was a fun day and I was really surprised at how much everybody (including me) enjoyed it. So, just wanted to say THANKS.

Maplegum, I gotta thank you for posting about vacuuming Bailey.

Now I know when I do it again, I need to work with them one at a time. Anyway, it was a fun day and I was really surprised at how much everybody (including me) enjoyed it. So, just wanted to say THANKS.

Oh you're welcome Donna! Like I mentioned, I actually got the idea from the forum too. :aktion033: My hubby vacuums the dog too!

Bailey really enjoyed it. I want to find a brush to attach to the end of the hose though. Then I can really get in deep! Some people have mentioned that they also 'blow' the dirt out of their coats with the vacuum on reverse. I just thought it would create more mess!

So glad you tried it. Next, you need to get some photo's of it.
default_smile.png
They would have to be the most inquisitive little creatures around.

Latest posts

Back