Back Home and (Mostly) Recovered

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark & Sharon Bullington

Reaction score
Sharon and I would like to thank all exhibitors, staff, and horses at Nationals for a fabulous show. You all did yourselves proud. It all begins with Lenard Davenport. If there is a better show manager anywhere I do not know who it is. There are other managers out there that are superb in their jobs, but Lenard is a cut above all others. The office staff is beyond compare - Barb, Elise, Rene, Cathy and Preston reallt get it done. Our gate managers Sharon and Sam, have a huge job to do getting all of you exhibitoprs to and into the ring in a timely manner - they are truly exceptional. And the ring staff - Barb McDannald as our ring secretary, Kat Krahenbuhl as our assistant and singer of the National Anthem, ring masters Roger, Kita, Connie and Randy were outstanding as well. It has been my privledge to be the announcer for this event for 10 years now - and I LOVE this job!

Thats how you put on one of the best run shows anywhere in the world - we're not perfexct, but we sure try darn hard!

Exhibitors, their families, spectators - thank you again for a wonderful show. You are all to be congratulated.

Mark Bullington

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank YOU for an awesome job Mark
default_smile.png

Mark

I agree with your assessment totally and Thank You personally for another incredible "job well done"...........No doubt about it (and I've been to shows and competitions all over the globe) - you are the Michael Phelps of the announcer world -
default_yes.gif
- simply amazing.

And we sure look forward to having you announce for another 10 + years (at least!)

I agree with everything said and more. Bobby thinks you are the best Mark, he just loves the way you announce the champions with such as strong voice. You give everyone the time and consideration they deserve, it is hard work to get in there! and Sharon thanks so much for being patient with all of us

Thanks for doing such a great job and we both are looking forward in seeing you again in 2010....

Hats off to all that put this Nationals together and keeping the show moving ! We had a great time at the Nationals !

Pam & Scott
default_smile.png

Thank you Mark and Sharon and everybody else involved for the wonderful job you do putting this great show on. I don't know how you announce for all those days without getting tongue tied on some of those horse's names.

We all should aspire to do our jobs as wonderfully and professionally as Mark does his. Nobody does a better job of announcing for his sport and, as a sports columnist, I've heard plenty of announcers in plenty of sports. And Sharon is equally impressive keeping things organized, along with Sam, at the gate.

Have to agree with all that was said about Mark and Sharon. We like to share them... but they belong to all of us in the Northwest!!!! You can't have them! Hee-Hee.

They are awesome people and are excellent at their jobs. Its not a horse show until you hear Mark's voice announcing!!!!

Thank you!!

After all those days of announcing, you announce the winners on the last day, the same as those on day one, making all exibitors who hear their name, feel special in that time.
default_smile.png

That, is both class and professional!

I agree with what everyone has said and I have to say when I first saw you I wasn't sure it was you! But that voice I knew it was you! Looking forward to next year with all the regulars! Lavonne

A good announcer can make or break the enjoyment of the show I think - have been to plenty of shows where names & places were constantly mistaken and you couldn't hear or understand them. Nationals is a more enjoyable show because we have such a professional announcer (and a top notch gate crew as well).
default_thumbup.gif

Jan

Mark as always you and Sharon along with Sam and the rest of the staff keep us going and sane--at least to some degree. You always make the show an great time and Sharon always makes sure that we are in the right place at the right time with the help of Sam.

Thanks for 10 wonderful years and here's hoping for 10 more.

Have to agree with all that was said about Mark and Sharon. We like to share them... but they belong to all of us in the Northwest!!!! You can't have them! Hee-Hee.
They are awesome people and are excellent at their jobs. Its not a horse show until you hear Mark's voice announcing!!!!
LOL Kim! You said pretty much what I was about to say about Mark being "ours" in the NW!
default_biggrin.png

Mark, you and Sharon (and the whole show "team") work your butts off and you love every minute of it which shows thru in your voice! It was great chatting with you (even for a few minutes) and we'll be BACKKKK in 2010 (in the NW....woohoo!!)
default_saludando.gif

This was my first Nationals and boy, it was overwhelming at times!
default_smile.png
But I must say that all of the people that worked so hard to put on this show were awesome!! Everyone was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Made my experience there much more pleasant. I can't wait to go back again next year! Also, wherever do you get your music? Some of it was quite "ear-opening" LOL I quite enjoyed your selections. Not sure I will ever forget laying down to sleep in the Stall Hotel listening to the Masochism Tango blaring out over the PA. Wasn't sure if it was me being tired or those really were the lyrics I was hearing. LOL

Also I wanted to say kudos to the photographers from Washburn that worked countless hours taking those beautiful photos of everyones horses and pets, what genuinely nice people. Not to be forgotten either is the people from Flanders who broadcast the show to all the loved ones who couldn't make it to Nationals and also doing the videos of the classes for those of us who wanted memories of our show experience.

All in all it was a great time and I can't wait for next year.

No, no, no! Mark and Sharon belong to "all of us." They are a national treasure in the Mini horse world! When you are so tired and dragging because of too many late nights and early mornings, all you have to do is listen to some of Mark's comments and some of his music, and you get re-vitalized. In fact, you actually break out laughing most of the times! Can't add any more, or say it any better than those that have already posted, but Mark and Sharon, we love you for the people you are!

I dont know how u all do it but u sure do an amazing job
default_yes.gif
Well done!
default_aktion033.gif

FABULOUS JOB as always Mark! Someone mentioned that the announcer can make or break a show... and I must agree! Your personal touch, your memory of the people... and their horses....is a class act! I don't know how you do it... but you do it as the BEST in the business!

Things seemed to run smoothly... with only minor incident that anyone could tell. Hope you have some dishy stories for me to share regarding Area 8 exhibitors...
default_wink.png

Although I've gone more, this is only the third time I've shown horses there and I have to say... this year was the best experience overall....not even counting our wins!

Again thank you for making ringside fun and enjoyable....GREAT JOB and looking forward to it again next year! Thank you also to Sharon and Sam... and all the others that worked so hard to make this year's Nationals such a success!

Thanks Mr. B. You sure kept the show alive for us stay-at-homers. I could hear you very clearly and always knew what class was going on, it was great. By the way, you are one heck of a super DJ. If I ever get to Nationals, I'll be happy to help you out. That's for the Beach Boys
default_wub.png

As another at home viewer I want to add my thanks. It wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable for us at home if you hadn't kept us up to the minute with everything that was happening. I'm sure your contageous enthusiasm each and every time you announced a winner added another spark of pride for each one of them. Great job Mark!!

Latest posts

Back