2010 National Area V Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
2010 National Area V Show:

Good Morning All,

I wanted to take this time to say Thank You to everyone that turned out for the 2010 National Area V show in Glen Rose Texas! We even had exhibitors that traveled from Mississippi (Area 3) that came to compete at our show. There were 235 horses entered.

Thank you to the 2010 AMHR National judge, Mr. Jon Wolfe from Illinois who judged the miniature division of the Area V show. This man knows his horses. I found out when visiting with him that he is a retired 30 year professor who taught equine science. If you didnt come you missed one of the greatest opportunities to show your miniatures to him. He told me that he was impressed with the quality of horses, both miniatures and Shetlands that are in Area V. So for those of you that are putting on shows for Miniatures and Classics only, you need to remember him as a future judge for your show.

Thank you to Ms. Cathy Brubaker of Ohio. Cathy has been a breeder and promoter of Foundations, Classics, Moderns, Modern Pleasure, Show Ponys and other breeds that are not part of our association. Here again is another very fine judge that knows her horses. I know she gave many a Shetland exhibitor some helpful ideas to get their ponies in the best possible shape or to correct problems that she saw in the show ring. She even gave me some help regarding a driving bit that I can use on my driving mare that might help her quit mouthing so much. Again, when considering a judge for your next show, dont pass her by.

Thank you to all of the show staff that worked tirelessly to help make this show a success, To Tracey Slagle our show manager for being right there when there was a question. To her mom, Chris Wait for keeping the show office running smoothly, to Merry Wicke, for her great announcing voice that always had a smile in it. To Gwen Dalton our ring steward, this lady is such a pleasure to work with and kept our judges going. To our show Steward, Mr. Dean Duxbury who was right there to answer any rule question. To my parents, Jacky and Barbara Davis, mom is the show ring secretary that kept the books and judges cards straight and dad was that gateman that kept the horses coming through. To our show photographers, Mr. Jack Wilkins of Wilkins Photography who took all of the back drop shots and Mr. Philip Zander his assistant who worked the ring taking those great action shots. Thank you also goes out to our ASPC/AMHR/ASPR National Queen, Miss Ali Olander for being our guest of honor. She did a wonderful job of representing your association always with a smile. Next time you see her you need to ask her about her trip to the Glen Rose jail. Thanks Ali, Ill look forward to seeing you again at our National shows.

The show ring decorations were the talk of the show. The ring was draped just like Congress that gave the ponies the opportunity to work the rail without any interruptions from outside of the ring. The facility even hung red, white and blue banners from the ceiling. The host club provided a very nice keepsake show program book, the exhibitors also received a complimentary Area V all purpose bag, door prizes were given out and there was a wonderful Lasagna dinner with all of the trimmings provided on Friday night that allowed everyone an opportunity to sit down and eat together. Oh, I almost forgot about those that participated in their Stakes classes also did/will receive Stakes paybacks. This was the first time that has been offered at our Area V National show. With 500 classes in the show, the show on Friday night ended at 10 p.m. (even with an hour lunch break and the dinner break that evening, on Saturday it ended at 7 pm and Sunday we were through by 5 p.m.

Thanks again to everyone that came and helped make the 2010 National Area V show a huge success!

Karen Shaw

Last edited by a moderator:
I read your post quickly and thought you were thanking me and I was not there. My name is Barbara Davis, same as your mom's, to funny.

Barb

P.S. Tracey and Chris are awesome

I hear you guys always put in a great show in Area 5 and have tons of youth out there showing.One year I am going to make it down there :)

Congrats to all who placed well and good job to all the show staff that worked so hard

Had a good time at the show. It was hot, but then this is Texas. The club gave away some nice door prizes. We enjoyed dinner Friday night and as always Tracey is a great show secretary. She is really easy to get along with and tries to keep everyone happy. Thanks to Karen Shaw for all her hard work.

Karen,

It was a good show with a lot of people from all across Area 5. You folks did a great job of trying to accommodate everyone, which is always hard. It was hot to say the least, but we all got thru it without any heat related mishaps.
default_new_shocked.gif

The dinner was a lot of fun and the Lasagna was good too. There may have been a few mishaps, but the way you folks handled it was right on the mark. As soon as we get the pictures downloaded I will try and post some shots.
default_wink.png

The grandkids are here telling me to say thanks also. Good Show, great classes, friends everywhere, lots of horses, how could things get much better!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back