Back from Arkansas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
:aktion033:

We arrived home last night about 8:30 pm. WE had a great trip.

Dianne drove Scott & Joe down to Araknsas for Larry Parnell's 3 day driving training clinic. They invited grandma to go along.

We had a wonderful trip-- stopped at the Flying A to visit with Dana & the girls -- what a great taste fo Southern hospitality- had a great visit & stayed the night- did the horse tour etc.

The boys had a great time at the clinic- Joe says he even took some notes. Scott says he will read Joes' notes LOL.

They met up with some of the people they ahd shown with last year at the Arkansas All Performance show .

Dianne & I went on to Branson for a couple of days & saw Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. WE also went antiquing & spent 1/2 a day in the quilt shop-- it is over an acre in size-- Dianne brought home 2 quilts to make-- so we will be having memories of this trip for quite awhile.

Back down to Larrys' to pick up the boys -- got some pictures of the boys driving the chariot -- had a quick visit & headed off home again. the boys sure do like Arkansas-- ready to go back there for a show any time.

We missed most ofo the BIG storms but sure did hit a huge rain storm going around both St. Lois & Indianapolis -- rest of the trip was great weather-- low 80's -- back home to snow predicted for tomorrow.

All had a wonderful time & the boys had stories to keep us going all the way home. Great Clinic !

Amy,

You guys should have came about 45 mins southwest of Larry's and could have run over and visited here
default_yes.gif
: I didn't get to make the clinic as I was working....but do tend to end up over at Larry's a few times a month.

:bgrin Amelia, you hardly said a word about the clinic!! But the rest of the trip sounds awesome!!! I hope you'll have some photos to share!

AHH -- but the CLINIC belongs to the boys-- that was their big adventure & they sure did enjoy themselves-- made lots of friends & admire Larry even more now.

I am sure they will have a few "NEW MOVES" up their sleeves for this show season.

Erica-- had we known, we could have done so-- we criss crossed Arkansas back & forth a couple of times going here & there.

Folks sure are friendly there .

Glad that all of you had a wonderful time.Sorry you did not stop by on the way home. Would have loved to seen the quilt shop.Amy are you going to make a quilt to? Looking forward to seeing all of you this coming show season.
default_yes.gif
:

Sounds like you had a great trip.

John really helped us out on Saturday, appreciated his help... I am sure he has a story to tell you, what a guy.

He did see our Deer and Llama / Alpaca. Told us how he trained his Llama to drive.

Those boys are going to give Grandpa some competition
default_wink.png
:

Sounds like you had a great trip.

John really helped us out on Saturday, appreciated his help... I am sure he has a story to tell you, what a guy.

He did see our Deer and Llama / Alpaca. Told us how he trained his Llama to drive.

Those boys are going to give Grandpa some competition
default_wink.png
:
Yes, sounded like you all had quite the day-- he told me about your deer & alpaca -- he thought it was really cute-- sounded like all had a good itme & a bit of nonsense. He says he is going to try to organize a driving trip down the railway here some week-end day-- should be fun. take care TTYL

Larry and Merl had a great clinic!! I really learned alot. I really enjoyed meeting the guys. I teased them about the fact they were from "out of town". Had to see how much southerner they had in them. They passed!! If they talk about the strange blonde girl who asked stupid them questions, that was me! :aktion033:

Tell them thank you for driving my little gelding for me Sat so I could see how he looked in the cart!!! I really appreciate that!!

Ya'll come down agian, we really love having u in the warm south!!

Shelley<><

:aktion033: :aktion033:

AH Shelley --we did hear a few stories --the roping & chasing of the "predator' sure took tops. The boys enjoyed every minute of it -- & did mention driving your little horse for you. They would be back in a heartbeat-- maybe next year -- who knows// Scott goes off to college in Alberta this fall so probably his travelling days with Grandma & grandpa will be coming to an end. He has travelled with us ever since we started to show-- he , his brother kevin & their mom Dianne. I think Scott was bout 8 then. The other grandkids showed with us at home here Joe & Shelby started going to the States with us 2 years ago-- once they were old enough to go without mom along.

We are sure blessed to have had so much fun & enjoyment with ALL of our grandkids -- we had 15 -- and now have 4 great grandkids-- by the way - I brought the 2 oldest of them( they are 1 & 2 yrs of age ) home cowboy boots-- got to keep this tradition alive eh??

Shelley - do stay in touch --

edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back