Australians?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessiTrist

Reaction score
Any aussies on this forum? I need some feed advise from some aussies!

I will be getting a weanling mini at the beginning of next year and wondering what i should feed her? She will eventually be a mini for me to take to shows, and possibly breed from ina few years time. The paddock she will be put in is 1/4 acre full of grass, but also has a few yellow dandelions, should I remove them? My Thoroughbreds eat them but not sure what harm they would do to a smaller horse? Also what sort of hay is better and how much should be fed? Thanks guys!
smile.gif

I find the best feed for my weanling/yearlings/breeders close to foaling & lactaticing to be

Breed & Grow made by ridley

otherwise is you can not source that Miteavite breeder (though it is a bit more expensive)

I feed Hygain Growtorque, boiled linseed, copra, lucerne chaff and lucerne or oaten hay. For a baby I would give 1/2 a biscuit of hay, 1/3 cup copra, 1 1/2 to 3 cups growtorque, 1/2 cup linseed (may not be required at this stage) and about a large icecream container of chaff to begin with and you can change it from there. If she is on grass I would reduce the amounts - that is wha I would feed a weanling/yearling who is stabled at night and on limited pasture during the day :)

Thanks a tonne guys! I have sussed out Mitavite Breeder, and also Pegasus Studmaster. We are currently feeding Pegasus Coolmax to our 'big' horses and they are doing quite well. She will be on lots and lots of grass for the first few weeks, and then will be moved to where our big horses are and kept ina yard with a little bit of grass and stabled at night.

Latest posts

Back