Attention All Jr Gelding Exhibitors at AMHA World!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
My 7 year old son was supposed to show someone else's horse at World, but she didn't give it a thought that her horse is AOTE. Now it is too late to enter any halter class other than Youth with a Jr Gelding, which is on Sunday. Does anyone at World know someone who would be willing to loan out their junior gelding for a halter class Sunday morning? My son will be heartbroken if he can't show. I'm stopping complete strangers walking by me, LOL, but so far people only have Sr Geldings which doesn't help me.

PLEASE, if you know of a junior gelding that may work, please, please, please let me know!!! I'm stalled in Richardson-Bass with Redrock and Reflections. My cell phone is 580-704-3922.

He would have to be entered by 6 pm Saturday evening.

My advice is go by and see Tony Greaves of Little America Miniatures. He always has a lot of horses both junior and senior. If he doesn't have one, I'm sure he will know where to find one. He seems to know everyone.

Good Luck

Check with Longman miniatures. They have our mare there, not sure if they have any junior geldings. Worth a try.

Keep us posted, Stephanie- we will be rooting for you all on Sunday!

Thanks guys! I will take your suggestions, and I got a promising PM I'm going to follow up on first thing in the morning.

The Forum is a wonderful place!!
default_aktion033.gif

Stephanie-

I also got to thinking in the night that maybe you could check with the office to see what horses are signed up for ammy or open Jr Gelding and then go ask those folks.

Hope your lead works out.

Let us know! We will be watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
Peggy, that is exactly what happened! Alison Elrod from AMHA saw this thread and PMed me. She actually ran around this morning and found a gelding for Chris to show!! I can't thank her enough!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Chris handled the gelding tonight and I think it will work out. He's thrilled to get to show after all.

Peggy, that is exactly what happened! Alison Elrod from AMHA saw this thread and PMed me. She actually ran around this morning and found a gelding for Chris to show!! I can't thank her enough!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Chris handled the gelding tonight and I think it will work out. He's thrilled to get to show after all.
That is awesome!! It's so great to read how people come together for things like this! Horse people are great!!!
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wonderful! That is sure going the extra mile! We will be cheering for Chris! I will be watching on internet!

Wonderful news! I am glad your son will be able to show after all - and kudos to all the complete strangers who helped make this happen!
default_aktion033.gif

Yes, Chris and Candylands Grand Prince were 3rd today in their class. He could have been last, and he still would have been happy, as he loves to show. In fact, he spent the day telling me which performance classes he wants to try next year, LOL.

I am so thankful to Alison Elrod and the gelding's owners for allowing Chris this opportunity!

Back