Attended my first AMHR rated show @ Keystone Classic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I've been really hesitant to attend a rated AMHR show knowing that my horse didn't look like the ones you see in the Journal....Well I had the chance to attend one this past weekend so I took it and went....well after a extremely rough start to our road trip to the grounds, we got resettled on the trailer and headed off again to the Keystone Classic show at Bloomsburg, PA. We arrived around 8:00pm Friday night expecting to find lots of horses and trailers and to our surprise we were only the third trailer there with horses. We started talking with the others that were there and found out that there were only going to be around 25-30 horses coming to the show. So we got our horses settled in for the night and headed for the hotel to rest up for the show the next day.

We arrive Saturday morning and find that some other trailers and horses had come in through the night/early morning. I was nervous to say the least not knowing what to expect. But after the show was all done I came home with lots of ribbons and new experiences learn and plan on returning again and give it another shot.

I took my filly Country Acres Pickin Wild Flowers (see the post about my first open show of the season with this filly driving to see pics of her). I entered more classes once I got there because of there not being as many horses there to show.

Here's my results:

Amature Halter mare Over- 2nd

Solid Color Mare Over- 1st

Open Obstacle Over - 1st

Amature Western Country Please Driving Over - 1st

We had a rough start to show day as my filly wasn't used to the indoor ring and all the people walking around in the ring. We usually show in an outdoor ring with one judge and most of the time the people watching don't applaud so the noise in the indoor ring was louder than normal and it made my filly a little nervous but by the time the driving class came along she was a cool as a cucumber and acted like she had been showing in an indoor ring forever. Hope to get some pics from one of the professional photographers that was there and I'll post them later.

I want to say thanks to everyone one that I talked to, it made the first rated show an experience to remember. The judges were great, the people were great, the horses looked awesome and congrats to everyone else who won ribbons at the show!! I'll definately be returning to the show ring again with much more confidence!!

Thanks for reading and best of luck to everyone this show season!!

Becky M.

Hey you did great! Way to go!
default_aktion033.gif

I had been hoping you'd go and share your results!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations!

we were supposed to go to the show, but some unexpected things came up. Kind of sad there wasnt tha many horses entered. Eileen told me there were about 40? That would have been rough for anyone really needing points on their horses. Will you be at the meadville show at the end of the month? We're planning to go, and would love to meet you.

We arrived friday night and had a excellent show with our horses at Bloomsburg.

There were 52 horses entered for the show from what the show manager Jeanne B. told us.

Alot of people had hauled in saturday morning afterall and that made the difference.

Encore Chaps - 1st - Aged Gelding, Under 34", Champion Sr. Gelding, Grand Champion in Halter

Coventry Lane's Hollywood Diva - 2nd in 2 Yr old Mare, Reserve Champion Jr Mare, Reserve Grand Champion in Halter, 1st in Multi-Color, 1st in Owned, Bred & Shown by Exhibitor

Snowberry Farms Jet Set - 1st in Model, 1st in 2 yr old Gelding, Over, Champion Jr. Gelding, Grand Champion Gelding in Halter, and then went on to being Champion of Champions.

We will be heading to Ashland next then Meadville for the 2 day shows ~
default_biggrin.png
We had a great time seeing some old friends.

Good Luck at the shows everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I had alot of fun and definately plan on attending the Keystone Classic again. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be going to Meadville or not. I would love to go but the distance and money are my main concern right now. The horses that showed in the halter classes were all beautiful and amazing to look at. They turned my head and made me
default_drool5.gif

I was excited to meet Steve and Pam Queer from Coventry Lane Farm. You're horses were amazing! They were all beautiful!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Good luck at your next shows and maybe see you again at another show!

Becky M.

Thanks Becky... we had a great time as usual at Bloomsburg, nice place and great people there.
default_biggrin.png

Scott works hard with showing the horses and is amazing to watch him in the ring standing 6 feet away and the horses never hardly move at all after he gets them to set up without touching legs.

I don't know how he does it, I sure couldn't have that much luck with them when I used to show halter... but they listen better to him than me. I spoil the horses too much I guess. I am just the groom and get dirty but we work as a team.

Hope to see you at Meadville, great place also to show and everyone is nice and helpful. I don't think there is a show photographer at Meadville.

Stop on over and say Hi !

Latest posts

Back