Attachement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
I want to get a appaloosa mare for my newest future stud Stuart Little aka Lucky Trails Washani Firestar. This year the first foal we had was a pinto Filly we named her Peppermint She has a amazeing personality. I have done some training on her she is halter trained walks even will go around in a small circle both directions. When it comes to training a baby there is always the risk of bonding and geting attached. The possibility of selling he hurts me because I love her vert much.But I need money to buy a appaloosa mare for my breeding program. Can you please share your exsperiences with attachment I would appreciate it very much. Major Love to you all.

Andrea

I never thought I'd sell my walk trot horse. I had him from a weanling until he was 12 and it killed me to sell him, but he wasn't being used at all, except that I sometimes used him in lessons. I had gotten a more competitive horse to go higher in the show ring and it just wasn't fair to keep both. So, I sold the gelding to a wonderful family with a buy back option. I cried when I put him on the trailer and I visited him in his new home. He later went up for sale and I just didn't have the cash at the time (I was in college) to buy him back, but I asked the seller to let me know who he went to. It was another great family as a starter show horse for their daughter. That was 8 years ago and he is still being shown and spoiled rotten by the family. I regret having to sell him, but in the end, it was best for the horse.

The last few days I have been praying and meditating on what to do about the situation I am in. I want to read up on what co ownership could offer me. I couldnt seem to find the rules of co ownership in the amha rule book when I looked today. If one of you could post it on here that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your much needed help keep praying for me please.

Andrea

If you can't sell the babies, you can't have a breeding program unless you have room for every horse you produce. If the foal is not what you want, then selling it is your only option unless you give it away to a good home. But if you need the $$$, you need to sell the baby.

Latest posts

Back