At the risk of being seriously flamed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PARTY POOPERS!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO.....PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.....HERE WE GO!!!!!! :aktion033: :lol: :bgrin :new_multi: :488:

Now all we have to do is WIN!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Gee thanks I havent had the radio on all day and thought that I Finally would have one day off from hearing that dern song!!!
default_wacko.png
: I dont know with WVU pulling off a Bowl game win after how many years????? Maybe the Steelers will win too.

I am not usually a football fan - I do like to watch The Steelers (hubby and I were both born and raised in Pittsburgh). Once they made it to the playoffs I did get very into it. I can't wait until Sunday. We are going to a superbowl party!

GO STEELERS

I'm not a die hard fan here in this family...hubby will watch sports...mostly football and baseball, and I will on occasion if it's in our state's best interest I can tend to get caught up in it. And I tend to follow what hubby follows...so GO SEAHAWKS!!!! :aktion033:
default_thumbup.gif
: But having a Super Bowl Party around these neck of the woods is actually a big thing.

Nope you're not alone. I HATE football! I could care less who's playing or who wins. Thank goodness hubby feels the same. The only sport we've ever watched and found entertaining was Sumo Wrestling - seriously.
default_yes.gif
:

Don't care for the Super Bowl either....plus the Buffalo Bills never win anyway....LOL

I only watch it for the commercials...
default_yes.gif
:

I don't care for football or anyother game that has the name ball in it :lol:

Something that always bugs me that is a bit off topic is that

I wish that the schools would put the time and energy and $$$ that they put into sports into other things enstead.

Nope you're not alone. I HATE football! I could care less who's playing or who wins. Thank goodness hubby feels the same. The only sport we've ever watched and found entertaining was Sumo Wrestling - seriously.
default_yes.gif
:
We don't watch football either (or baseball, or basketball, or hockey) but OMG - Sarah is right, Sumo Wrestling is a hoot to watch. No weight divisions - little tiny guys trying to shove around huge guys and a lot of times the little tiny guys win! :new_shocked:

If I can stay awake,
default_unsure.png
: I only watch for the commercials. :new_shocked: Especially, the Budweiser ones.
default_yes.gif
:

Robin

I don't care anything about the game, but I like the commercials, and I like to prepare the game food for the day of snacking. We are having Macho Nachos, Chile Rellano bake, good ole Rotel and chips, and maybe stuffed mushrooms, and perhaps a veggie plate. Almost as good as Thanksgiving.

Stacye

15 more days until we get the new horses!

We do watch Football, Baseball and Basketball and Golf, sometimes ad nauseum........

But being Seattle bred and born I'd have to be unconsious to not be excited about the

Seahawks making the SuperBowl.........This town is going nuts.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARTY POOPERS!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO.....PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.....HERE WE GO!!!!!! :aktion033: :lol: :bgrin :new_multi: :488:

Now all we have to do is WIN!!!
default_yes.gif
:
Gee thanks I havent had the radio on all day and thought that I Finally would have one day off from hearing that dern song!!!
default_wacko.png
: I dont know with WVU pulling off a Bowl game win after how many years????? Maybe the Steelers will win too.
Aw HECK no!! LOL. Seattle has never been to the Super Bowl so if you're rooting for an underdog, you can't beat the 'Hawks. I hate football; I'd say "with a passion" except I really care so little I'm afraid I can't even say that. But this year I too sat up and took notice when the 'Hawks hit their stride and went from the joke of Seattle to the NFC champions. I guess they did some shaking up and it worked.

Where I work has been pretty good about it. Clippings of wins are quietly posted on the walls and there are brief discussions but no one goes into plays or players or endless details. Of course it's all women so that sort of figures. :lol: Today we had "Seahawks Spirit Day" and we all wore blue and green and brought in blue and green foods to snack on. I admit I will probably turn the game on now and then on Sunday for the first time in my family's history. Mostly to see the final score of course!

My local country music station played a clean hiphop/rap tune by a local artist before the NFC championship against (I think) the Panthers...the one line that stuck in my head was a rhythmic "Everyone here is ready for battle, the road to Detroit runs through Seattle!" The Panthers, I'm told, got declawed.

I agree with the prediction I heard on the radio: The Seattle Rain is going to rust the Steelers!

[SIZE=36pt]GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
My family never watched football while I was growing up.

Some kids talked about it at school like it was a religion or something. The jocks always used sports statistic books for their book reports. When they read their reports to the class, they just read statistics out of the book. Bored me to tears. I remember their reports went something like: "Did you know that in 1978 Joe Johnson had the most completed passes of all rookie blah blah blah blah....." Next line... "Did you know that Ted Pearson went on to score the most blah blah blah blah of any blah blah blah blah...." "Did you know that ...."
default_rolleyes.gif
:

My book reports were usually about one of the Hardy Boys mysteries or a fantasy/sci-fi novel. (geek alert)
default_smile.png

Anyway, my mother remarried to a big football fan, so I ended up watching it more to try to see what the fuss is about. I actually enjoy it if people around me are enthused. Been to a few Oregon Ducks games and had a good time also. I still won't watch a game by myself though. The atmospere isn't there.

I like the family and friends getting together part of Super Bowl. It's like a holiday but without all of the pressure!

Daryl

GO SEAHAWKS

I'm glad that the Seahawks made the Super Bowl and hope they win just to shake up the sports block, but I can't stand all the Super Bowl hype. I hate stupid, dumbed down entertainment for the masses...yeah, just what I want -- to claim any semblence to being like the majority!

However, I inadvertently hurt my sister's feelings when she invited us to watch the game with her and our mother. After going on and on about how I had no interest in it, and how I planned to spend the time playing with the animals, I had to back peddle -- It's not about the game, it's about sharing time with my family..

So, we'll go and I can always read garden magazines while the game is on...

If I can figure out how to hook up the DVD player to the new TV I will be watching March of the Penguins!! :aktion033: Hubbys out of town so that means I will not be forced to watch it-cannot stand football either.

I am not a football fan but love watching big games like the Superbowl.... I sit and watch and get very into the game and get extremely animated and hubby snores next to me
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

My husband is very athletic and a big snowboarder, surfer type but he hates team sopt and would rather watch Oprah than watch sports on TV, well maybe that is an exaggeration :lol: :lol:

Go Steelers! :aktion033:

My husband is a major football addict and I am definately a football widow! It's okay though, he watches football and I play with my critters. Monday nights have become card night for me at my folks. We are having a Super Bowl party......and that's okay because it's social time for me and I make sure some of my horsey friends are coming so we can talk or play with the critters. I am rooting for the SEAHAWKS since they're the underdog and a Northwest Team!! :aktion033: :aktion033: [SIZE=12pt]GO SEAHAWKS!![/SIZE] :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back